Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Houston Referrals Anyone? in the Main forums forums; posted May 30, 2011 10:03 AM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi All - I am going to be relocating to Houston very soon. Can ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 08:00 AM

Default Houston Referrals Anyone?

posted May 30, 2011 10:03 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All -

I am going to be relocating to Houston very soon. Can anyone give me any referral or 'stay away' advise for doctors in the area?

I will need a doctor willing to write my prescriptions for Fentanyl and Coumadin as well as a GP. It would be great if the GP would be willing to take care of the prescriptions! A GP is all I have here in Missouri.

Any suggestions and advise would be much appreciated! I am planning to relocate in approximately 32 days. I think I have an apartment near the Medical Center 77054 and school is at 77004 so hopefully I can locate a doctor somewhere close.

Talk about culture shock! I live in a tiny town with a population on 298 and I'm headed to Houston!

Thanks All
Old 06-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Default re referrals

I guess I must have sent you a private mail tho I'd recommend checking out what Pain Management docs take your insurance and setting up an appt. for shortly after you arrive if possible. The other thing I'd recommend is to try and get a 2-3 month supply of your pain med scripts written/filled if possible so you'll have something to hold you over should the PM appts. fall through for whatever reason.

Hopefully since you're moving to a "big city" you shouldn't have a prob getting in to see someone re PM and other specialities including FP.

Good luck!
Old 06-05-2011, 04:59 PM

Taking a copy of your medical records with you is a good idea too. Your doctor, by law, must give you a copy but under the circumstances, your doctor, especially from a town of less than 300, should be more than willing to help in any way he can. Then your new doctor can see the whats and whys.

Good luck, Dale
Old 06-05-2011, 09:59 PM

Default a must!

Yes indeed! Sign a release for medical records and bring your copy w/you. What I found out using WC was the PM offices wanted a copy of records from the doctor's office even though I had brought my own! That was Florida tho in terms of dealing with taking CA WC. I had only found one PM that would see me there out of two hundred that I tried to see. My experience in Florida was they wanted no out of state WC patients.

I hope you don't have WC "stuff" to deal with and if you do Houston will not be anything like the state of Fl with out of state WC patients!
Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Administrator

KC, I'm so happy that you are moving on to law school. It seems like ages since you were out here for your surgeries. I've not spent any time in Houston, but will ask Bari to look for clients in Houston that may have some good (or bad experiences) that will be useful for you.

Talk to you soon,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 06-10-2011, 06:59 PM

Thanks All - I will be back online Monday!