Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Bedding in the Main forums forums; I bought a new bed 7 years ago and until recentlythought it still quite supportive for my back. I must ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2011, 10:44 PM

Default Bedding

I bought a new bed 7 years ago and until recentlythought it still quite supportive for my back. I must admit I had been waking up with a backache that would work itself out after a bit though I just thought it arthritis.

Recently I went and stayed away from home for a month. I slept on the floor with some padding and sleeping bags and when first getting adjusted to that my back/shoulders/whatever hurt tho after the 2nd week (and a shot of toradol 60mg Im for spasming) I felt GREAT!

My husband got a new bed ~ a Sterns and Foster super delux supportive whoopeededooo bed and that thing is so incredible I'm definately going to buy myself one because when I returned home my bed felt like a marshmellow in comparison.

My back probs have been around since I was 28 y.o. and I'm 57 y.o. now. I do pretty well most of the time but give me non supportive bedding and I'll be aching pretty quickly and want to throw the comforter on the floor and sleep there.

Maybe some of you other spineys can relate. A good sleeping surface is something that one can change before trying a lot of other things that are invasive and it can just be a wonderful adjunct to everything else good that we do for our spines. Sounds pretty simplistic tho I know plenty of people that don't want to spend their $ on a bed. And if you don't have the $ the floor if well padded for comfort can be a really good alternative.

I know this is a rather educated and sophiscated forum in terms or knowing their bodies and seeking information tho just in case some new spineys are hitting the board and considering contributing factors re pain consider this.

Last edited by Maria; 07-05-2011 at 10:50 PM.