Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Hi everyone.. frustrated.. in the Main forums forums; I just wanted to introduce myself to this site. I have been suffering from back pain since 1999. I had ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:41 PM

Default Hi everyone.. frustrated..

I just wanted to introduce myself to this site. I have been suffering from back pain since 1999. I had a microlumbar disectomy at the l5-s1 in 2005 but still have leg/back pain. I have been to several doctors and they didn't know what was wrong. Recently i have been to several doctors and I have been told several things that are generating the pain. They stated it was a bad disc, nerve displacement, and an annular fissure. I have some more consultations to see what is going on. I am going to see Dr. Bray, Dr. Coufal, Dr. Lauryssen and Dr. Fessler in chicago. Anyone have any opinions about these doctors.

thanks

Last edited by mkim680; 07-16-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 02:27 PM

Default re

Dr.Coufal~ I've seen him for a 2nd surgical opinion and thought him an excellent choice for this even though I didn't pick him rather WC did back in '06. He was very thorough as I would expect of a Neurosurgeon, spent enough time with history and physical and answered questions easily. He has an excellent reputation.

I've also seen Dr.Delamarter and Dr.Regan in the LA area. Both are Orthopedic Surgeons, both with excellent repuations and pretty much all 3 surgeons agreed on course of action.

Ultimately I did not have surgery although felt very comfortable that all 3 surgeons were agreeing on surgical course of action pretty much.

good luck
Old 07-16-2010, 04:49 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Too bad you've received the run-around from those who are supposed to help you. Many others have the same story.

I've heard of Dr. Bray, nothing bad, have seen Dr. Lauryssen several times, very thorough and agree with Maria about Dr. Regan in Beverly Hills. If you can't get an appointment, you might want to contact Mark at GPN Artificial Disc Replacement ADR. Dr. Delamarter is very good and has an excellent reputation but getting in to see him can take months.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted, Dale
Old 03-09-2012, 07:21 PM

I had a micro decompression fromanotomy with dr bray last november 2011, he is an excellent surgeon, but takes no insurance, my procedure was $20,000.00 cash, if you can afford it, he and his staff are very detailed oriented, I would use him again, his price for a fusion is $40,000.00
Old 03-10-2012, 12:03 PM

Default re your surgical outcome

If you're recommending this surgeon and you paid cash I guess it's safe to think you had a successful outcome? How is your pain reduction? Do you still have limitations? Are you back to work (if you were still working)? How long did you spend recovering?