Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Dissolving Bone Spurs With Vitamins in the Main forums forums; How To Dissolve Bone Spurs With Vitamins | LIVESTRONG.COM Bone spurs are often referred to a osteophytes and can form ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Banned

Default Dissolving Bone Spurs With Vitamins

How To Dissolve Bone Spurs With Vitamins | LIVESTRONG.COM

Bone spurs are often referred to a osteophytes and can form on any bone, joint, ligament or tendon in your body. According to MayoClinic.com, most bone spurs are not painful, but bone spurs might rub on neighboring bones and nerves, which can result in pain. Many bone spurs go asymptomatic for years. If you do experience pain, several treatment methods can be used, one of which is vitamins, a form of alternative medicine. Consult your doctor prior to beginning any vitamin regimen for bone spurs.

Step 1

Familiarize yourself with the symptoms of bone spurs. Joint pain and loss of your range of motion are common indicators of bone spurs.
Exercises For Knee Pain Relief Assess osteoarthritis pain. Tips on pain relief, diet, exercise, & more Healthline.com/Osteoarthritis-Knee
Sponsored Links

Step 2

Consult your doctor. Receive a confirmed diagnosis of a bone spur. Discuss the possibility of vitamin supplementation with your doctor for healing your bone spur.

Step 3

Consume vitamin D to help reduce your bone spur. According to "The Vitamin Book," fortified milk is an excellent source of vitamin D. Consuming one cup of milk each day will provide you with 30 percent of your daily allowance of vitamin D.

Step 4

Take a vitamin E supplement or consume vitamin E through green vegetables, whole grains, soybean oil, tomatoes, mangoes or kiwi. "The Vitamin Book" says adults over the age of 19 should consume 1,000 mg per day. Vitamin E can help reduce inflammation caused by bone spurs.

Step 5

Increase your intake of vitamin K. Take a supplement or consume vitamin K through green vegetables, such as cauliflower. "The Vitamin Book" says a lack of vitamin K can result in abnormal bone and cartilage mineralization. This can lead to the formation of bone spurs. Adult males -- 19 and older -- should consume 120 mcg per day. Adult females should consume 90 mg per day.

Step 6

Take magnesium and calcium supplements. These supplements can help provide relief from the pain of bone spurs. According to Arthritis Treatment and Relief, 1,200 mg of calcium and 600 mg of magnesium should be consumed daily for bone spurs.

Step 7

Consider conventional treatments. If vitamins fail to eliminate bone spurs and pain, make another appointment with your doctor. Consider treatment options, such as medication to ease pain or surgery to remove the bone spur.

Read more: How To Dissolve Bone Spurs With Vitamins | LIVESTRONG.COM

I also read that Cumin/Tumeric can reduce bone spurs and that it is as effective in controlling as Vioxx and FAR safer. Cumin and Tumeric are spices.

Merck to Settle Charges Over Vioxx

Merck will pay $950 million to settle criminal and civil charges that it illegally promoted the painkiller Vioxx, the Justice Department announced.

Merck to Pay $950 Million in Vioxx Settlement - WSJ.com
Old 11-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Administrator

Is there any scientific evidence to support this?
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 11-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmglobal View Post
Is there any scientific evidence to support this?
Probably but mostly anecdotal. It is a known fact that low calcium causes bone spurs.

Here are some testimonials for a product. Bone Spurs & Heel Spurs- Natural Bone Spur Relief Guaranteed!

Here is something is found that sounds like proof.

John Mock, a friend of mine, had suffered from a painful shoulder
for many years and had restricted his calcium intake assuming at
the time together with his health counselor that excessive calcium
partly precipitated the problem and was responsible for bone spurs
that showed up on his X-rays.
Laurie Marzell, N.D.31, suggested that his bone spurs were not
caused by excessive calcium but a calcium deficiency, and put him on
a supplement program of 1500 mg of calcium and 750 mg of magnesium
each day. Six to eight months later, new X-rays revealed that
the bone spurs had dissolved along with the pain he used to feel in
his shoulder31.
Most authorities suggest that calcium-magnesium supplementation
should be 2:1, two parts calcium to one part magnesium, just
as Gus J. Prosch, Jr., M.D.18, found effective in treatment of arthritis,
roughly the ratio found in dolomite 1.65:1 made from living
organic fossil remains. White, Handler, Smith and Stetton, in The
Principles of Biochemistry, recommend a 5:1 calcium-magnesium
ratio that these authors found to be normal for human physiology.
Now many physicians are recommending equal parts calcium and
magnesium. One ratio might work better for some than others.

The British Journal of Dermatology, October, 1980, reported
that 11 arthritic patients had been given zinc sulfate, 220 mg, 3 times
a day, for six weeks, then a placebo for six weeks. For those who
continued the therapy for six months, significant gains in mobility,
reduction of swelling, and stiffness took place. Zinc plays a known
role in immune system stimulation and reduces inflammation. It also
is known to play a role as a free radical scavenger, neutralizing the
effects of many irritants and normalizing the pH of the blood. Severe
zinc deficiency shows up in fingernails with ridges and white spots
and is associated with prostate problems. In one study, low levels of
zinc and histadine were found in rheumatoid arthritis patients. Twelve
weeks of 220 mg of zinc three times a day had the result of significant
improvements in walking, stiffness, and swelling in the study of
the University of Washington Medical School in Seattle.

Here's a link. http://www.arthritistrust.org/Articl...e,%20Color.pdf

It could be mumbo jumbo but there is some hard science.

Heel spurs are a common clinical problem which has no satisfactory therapy. Surgical procedures do not solve the problem probably because they are unable to resolve Vitamin K2 deficiency. Injections of Xylocaine like drugs and cortisone compounds into the painful bone deposits also fail to prove rewarding. Also non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(Motrin, Clinoril, etc.) can produce gastric irritation, internal bleeding and intestinal dysbiosis by killing healthy intestinal bacteria without resolving Vitamin K2 lack. Restoration of Vitamin K2 stores could lead to resolution of heel spurs.

Here is more anecdotal stuff but they are not trying to sell anything.

Heal Bone Spurs

This guy reports;

[YEA] 04/11/2010: Bancheck from Idaho Falls, Idaho writes: "I am 45 and I have bone spurs on my spine, feet, and hands. One bone spur on my right thumb ruptured in 2002. I lost some function in my right hand to the point of getting my thumb caught and broken twice. I was 380 pounds, pre-diabetic, and walking on broken bones in my feet quite often (Lots of broken toes and my right ankle). Last October 2009 I was hurting and could not breath (Darth Vader had more stealth then I did).

I am a man that should be in his prime but I was unable to work. My ego was more then broken.

I found the solution and in the last 6 months I've been experimenting to make sure its the real deal. Here it is:

First- Vitamin D3 6000 IUs a day (get a non-oil preparation)

Second- No oils, No fried food, No deep fried food, and NO MARGARINE of any kind

Third- No soda of any kind (lowers body pH for 36 hours)

Fourth- Lots of eggs, butter, and avocados real fat (if it won't rot in three days or less don't eat it)

Fifth- Meat needs to be cooked under 210 Degrees for a longer time to keep the fat body ready (the flavor and texture is so much improved anyway).

Sixth- There is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate sugar, starch, or fiber (think of these as fertilizer for good and bad bacteria and fungi in the intestines and body) Celiac and Fungi both produce a intestine damaging protein that stops mineral absorption. If eating the fiber gluten doesn't trip it sugar feeding a fungi may. This intestinal distress can last 2 weeks per episode of gluten eaten.

Seventh- Body pH is the problem. Your bones are part of the body's endocrine system. the bones bank minerals for use in hormone production. however they also dump large amounts of calcium into the blood stream to counter low blood pH if needs be. Bad fats (even bottled olive oil) and carbohydrates lower body pH causing such an event.

Eighth- Eat salt, good sea salt, you need salt to make hydrochloric acid to digest food and absorb minerals (chloride ion from salt). You need sodium bicarbonate made in the pancreas and kidneys to get the minerals to the cells. (sodium from salt)

Ninth- get 60 essential minerals, 16 essential vitamins, 12 essential proteins, and 3 essential fatty acids daily. I have been using a supplement with a good balance. But, I have 7000 to 12000 MG Calcium with Boron, copper, and the rest in combination with clean gelatin to rebuild my bone matrix and tissue.

Tenth- I drink high pH waters with an ORAC count below -300. I also drink (Ferric Ferrus salt in my water) This salt in an aquarium will support both salt water and fresh water fish simultaneously in the same water for years.)

Eleventh- to get my fungi under control I've been using 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate in 8 or 12 Oz water every morning for 1 month then off for 2 weeks then 1 more month.

Twelveth- eating less good food daily keeps the body from taxing pH reserves and builds bones back faster. Bone spurs are a symptom of osteoporosis. It can be healed in 6 months (documented). I've made progress I can walk again and my weight is falling off, My diabetes went away, and I haven't broken a toe in months still fighting with the fungi. Gluten hides in a lot of food. Just a little stops the bones healing until my guts heal in usually two weeks per episode.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++

At this point I will try anything. I heard a lot about apple cider vinegar and I thought it was BS. I have a stubborn wart on the meat of my thumb. I tried everything. Nothing worked and then I put ACV on it with a bandage and in a a week it fell off and it was painless.

Bone spurs do resolve on their own but I don't know if they do in the spine. Free and non patentable treatments don't get much study. Conventional medicine is really not based in science any longer.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Banned

When there is inflammation, and the body's pH is acid, there is a tendency to patch the screaming ions with Calcium. This is inconvenient in the case of Fibromyalgia, for example, where one French study of eleven people showed the deposition of Calcium in muscle and connective tissue.

This French study was done by a painful "core drilling" of the tissue, so to speak, hence the small group. This cycle of inflammation and Calcium deposition can be aggravated by the migration of a pathogen to the irritation, which causes chronic sub-acute irritation long after the initial cause for the inflammation is gone.

Dr. Larrian Gillespie made a wonderful breakthrough into a process she calls "Leaky Cell." Gillespie is the Hormone Diva, but her area of expertise is urology. Her urinary tract patients were all experiencing pain after eating certain foods. Gillespie found there are amino acids, the T-amino acids--Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Tyromine--which aggravate a process of de-mineralization of tissue, in this instance, bladder tissue.

Leaky Cell is the acid pH of the body eating away at the G.A.G. layer of the cell. This Glucose Amino Glycans/G.A.G. layer holds minerals in suspension, protecting the cell wall. When there is too much acid in intracellular/interstitial body fluids, it eats away at the mineral buffer coat held in place by G.A.G., and then starts eating THROUGH the cell, robbing the minerals inside in an effort to correct the body's pH. This is why the urine of urinary tract patients is alkaline. Gillespie therefore showed it is ill advised to further acidify the body with Cranberry Juice.

The supplement Chondroitin, powdered cow trachea, is a virtually pure source of Glucose Amino Glycans. And the purest commercial source of this, I have found, is available as an equine supplement, J-Flex, at springtimeinc.com. This is a good adjunct to reversing Leaky Cell with dietary minerals, apart from avoiding the T amino acids, like Tryptophan, found in turkey, a no-no for those with bladder infections. Get Dr. Gillespie's book, "You Don't Have to Live with Cystitis" for the deep dish on Leaky Cell and her Leaky Cell diet, which can help abate pain in other cases.

Leaky Cell can affect any tissue group in the body, not just the cells lining the bladder. Trash Calcium can deposit as a patch at such Leaky Cell sites. So it's a great idea to beef up the mineral mix to alkalanize the body with a nice plant source, like Kelp.

If there is trash Calcium deposition, as with Bone Spurs in the neck or on the heels, or Spinal Stenosis, eating Celery, which contains pure Sodium, not Sodium Chloride, or table salt , can help. This Sodium in Celery will help keep the trash Calcium in solution and can remove painful depositions, as in Spinal Stenosis. But you have to help by keeping the body pH properly alkalnized. You can see how this process would be a factor in Osteoporosis, as the body will snitch bone Calcium to quench Leaky Cell.

Candida can aggravate Leaky Cell and calcification because it robs the body of Magnesium, which keeps the body alkaline, and keeps Calcium in solution. That's why people feel great taking Apple Cider Vinegar. This product of fermentation has, like Candida or "yeast" overgrowth in the gut after taking Antibiotics, robbed all your Magnesium.

One sneaky way to overwhelm a Strep Throat is to take Apple Cider Vinegar or eat Apples. This provides the Magnesium which Strep dislikes, growing as it does in a Magnesium-deficient environment (as in Toxic Shock Syndrome, where there has been the mechanical removal of vaginal fluids rich in Magnesium). This illustrates how those with Candida can fall into the trap of Strep infections and antibiotics; which causes Candida to bloom; which steals Magnesium; and low Magnesium encourages more Strep infections. The root cause of Candida must be removed.

Do not underestimate Candida's ability to uptake and bind Magnesium, with its important role of keeping Calcium in solution instead of amping up calcification. They say, "The worm eats first." The parasite has first dibs on nutrients. Here's an example of "The worm eats first."

When treating malnourished kids with parasites, if you give them vitamins and minerals first, they will die as the parasites eat first, overwhelming the weakened system. So the parasites have to be removed first before giving vitamins and minerals.

Many Irish and Native Americans have low stomach acid, which decreases nutrient digestion and absorption, so they tend to be more de-mineralized. In those instances a suite of digestive enzymes would be useful. This is, I think, why all those "fair, fat and forty" women tend towards Gallbladder troubles. They may have a touch of the Irish and bad absorption, are demineralized, have a deranged pH, and start making stones, a kindred calcification, in their irritated Gallbladder. Ironic, no?

One may well suspect that Flouride, ubiquitous in water supplies and toothpaste, is generally enhancing the process of calcification. Flouride helps lay down Calcium fast, though the tooth and bone formation is more brittle. And our modern diet is gererally lacking in minerals because of Nitrogen fertilizers, which burn and strip the soil colloids that hold minerals in suspension for plants to eat. Minerals just wash out of the soil while though plants grow big and tall. One thing I have noticed about the old folks, our beloved geezers and gaffers, is that they have a garden in their past. "God bless us everyone!"

Springtime Inc. - All Natural Supplements for Horses, Dogs, and People, Springtime Inc. Supplements, Springtime Inc. for Horses, Springtime Inc. for Dogs, Springtime Inc. for People, Chondroitin sulfate, Glucosamine HCL, MSM, Boswellia, Vitamin C, Bi