Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Had medial branch block..... in the Main forums forums; Was 50%-70% better of over the following several hours. Is that enough to justify a rhyzotomy?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 05:55 AM

Default Had medial branch block.....

Was 50%-70% better of over the following several hours. Is that enough to justify a rhyzotomy?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to Keano16 Send a message via Skype™ to Keano16

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver110 View Post
Was 50%-70% better of over the following several hours. Is that enough to justify a rhyzotomy?
I can conclude that you had relief for several hours because of the local anesthetic.

You should monitor your situation 2-3 days after infiltrations, steroids should show results then.

If you don't see results in few days there are two possibilities:
1. Facet Joints are not source of your pain
2. Doctor missed the place for infiltration (due to wrong placement of the needle or your abnormal anatomy)

Because of the reason number 2 I mentioned above, I am strongly against BLIND fluroscopicaly guided percutaneous RF rhizotomy. Endoscopic rhizotomy is much better and long-term solution.

Kind regards

2005 - 2012: Rich personal experience with spinal disorders and various treatments (surgical, therapeutic, diagnostic)
Co-Founder: Vertebris Internationl Spine Hospital
Founder: Spinoteka - Society for Spine Diseases
Old 06-13-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keano16 View Post
I can conclude that you had relief for several hours because of the local anesthetic.

You should monitor your situation 2-3 days after infiltrations, steroids should show results then.

If you don't see results in few days there are two possibilities:
1. Facet Joints are not source of your pain
2. Doctor missed the place for infiltration (due to wrong placement of the needle or your abnormal anatomy)

Because of the reason number 2 I mentioned above, I am strongly against BLIND fluroscopicaly guided percutaneous RF rhizotomy. Endoscopic rhizotomy is much better and long-term solution.

Kind regards
As I understand it, I was not given steroids (I was previously, did not work). They only told me to monitor the block over the first few hours. It was administered under xray....