Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Lumbar spondylosis in the Main forums forums; i have had chronic low back pain for yrs,, Mri, and recently jsut had medial branc blocks and radiofrequency neurotolgy ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 08:41 PM

Default Lumbar spondylosis

i have had chronic low back pain for yrs,, Mri, and recently jsut had medial branc blocks and radiofrequency neurotolgy done. (sorry for my spelling) my dx for the PT i will be doing says Lumbar spondylosis,, i have googled it but dont really understand it.. My dr. int he past has always told me i have D.D.D. this is the first i have heard of spondylosis... when i looked it up, it iddnt look too serious, which makes me feel like a wimp... Am I?
Old 06-30-2012, 03:26 PM

Default back pain and wimpiness

I sincerely doubt you're a wimp! You could have more going on than meets the eye even with diagnostic testing done to date. And what is see on film doesn't necessarily correlate with the amount of pain you may be feeling.

try this website for good educational info:

ChiroGeek's Home Page

take care~ Maria
Old 06-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Administrator

The spondy conditiions refer to some instability in your spine, where the ligaments do not hold the vertebrae in proper alignment. Gross instability is often caused by significant structural issues (like pars fractures). This type of issue will likely exclude you from many of the motion preservation techniques like ADR.

A more benign form of instability comes from the DDD. If you think of your disc as something like an innertube on it's side, when you let the air out, it gets wobbly and loses some of it's structural integrity. This type of instability will not be a contraindication to ADR because 'jacking up' the disc space with the prosthesis that restores most of the lost disc height will retension the system.

Were the injections prositive?

Good luck! Please keep us posted.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 07-03-2012, 09:58 PM

I've been having some serious pain too, I know your feeling. I'm fighting with whether i should go to the doctor or not.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:02 PM

Default serious pain

Sounds like you should be seen just to make sure that it's not something other than spine related pain~ or that it is and what it is... yes I'd recommend being seen if you're stating you've been having some "serious" pain.