Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Two Level Coflex Surgery Update in the Main forums forums; Hi All I am in worse shape after surgery I am still suffering Wake up every day with lots of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 03:26 AM

Default Two Level Coflex Surgery Update

Hi All

I am in worse shape after surgery I am still suffering Wake up every day with lots of low back pain seems to get better after I begin to move around, Lots of numbness in my left leg some nerve issues in my right leg.Tinging in my groin. Twitching fingers in my left hand this is new I hope it is from my neck and not something worse Limited to activity some driving, walking P.T. two to three times a week with very little help. I am worse after one year from surgery. Now I may need more surgery Three to Four level fusion But what do I know? My surgeon seems to think that my spine if terrible and would rather see me just go away. I could go on but I am trying to figure this one out. The bills are huge and so are the credit cards My 12 year old is fustrated to see his father unable to do much never mind what the wife is going through at least she is still with me. If we had some finances I could move on. Should of listen to Mark just could not afford it

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1
Old 07-24-2012, 04:52 AM

Gil I am so sorry to hear of your condition. I did just look up coflex to find out what you had done. I'm truly sorry you did not get any improvement from that surgery.
I am a really fused person as my bone density is poor so i was never a candidate for any disc replacement. As a matter of fact, next week i will add L4-5 to to the mass fusion. I am fused now from C-4 thru L-4. I am hoping after this i will have much less back pain, i also have 2 vertebral fractures which will be fixed.
My point in all of that is to say there is life after fusion. I am hiking apx 4 times per week , which is kind of my passion once i gave up running.
I want to wish you the best of luck in getting this spine pain lessened whatever it takes
Judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 07-24-2012, 06:38 PM

Gil - I will be praying for your finances and your healing and leading you to the right direction for healing.

4/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 right
8/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 left
12/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L4/5 right and left

9/09 Piriformis surgery to remove piriformis muscle causing sciatica
Old 07-25-2012, 02:25 AM

Default worse post surgery

Hey Gil,
This news sucks! As does hearing anyone's surgery didn't help and actually left them worse. Been there..done that myself. Very frustrating esp. everything considered tho glad to hear your wife is still there and hopefully your 12 y.o. son is old enough to understand you not feeling good.. unlike a 2y.o.

Just gonna send you good thoughts, prayers and wishes that you'll improve with time even tho time seems like it's far too slow when we feel so badly.

Hang in there and I'm glad you updated us so we know what's going on with you. People often feel like they shouldn't complain or report not feeling better tho I think that's BS. It is what it is and it's you we're interested in.
take good care Gil ~ Maria
Old 07-27-2012, 07:13 PM

I just saw your thread. I just had surgery and am feeling much better. I hope you can find relief too.