Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Activ-L patient organizes skydiving record! in the Main forums forums; I received the new Skydiving magazine in todays mail. It is always with mixed emotions that I thumb through it. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Post Activ-L patient organizes skydiving record!

I received the new Skydiving magazine in todays mail. It is always with mixed emotions that I thumb through it. It is wonderful to see and read about such exciting things, but it's also sad because I miss jumping so much.

The new magazine tells of a new German National record organized last month. A 156 man formation was built with only Germans. Skydiving is filled with records... largest formation built in the state, largest formation built at a dropzone.... believe it or not, largest all-amputee or all-deaf record. Anything to get a group of skydivers together for some serious and fun jumping is wonderful.

Let me tell you that organizing a big record like this is an amazing feat. The man who organized this record is Dieter Kirsch. Dieter received a 2-level Activ-L on February 17th, 2006 from Dr. Jochen Feil in the Atos-klinik in Heidelberg, Germany. Dr. Feil has over 2000 skydives himself. I became acquainted with Dieter after meeting Dr. Feil at the Spine Arthroplasty Convention in Montreal in May.

From an email I received from Deiter on May 17th:
Quote:
On monday the 15th of May 2006 I got back in the air! I made my first 4 skydives. with no problems. That was 12 weeks and 3 days after the surgery. I donīt take any painkillers and I donīt have any pain. Right now, it is allready hard for me to remember how it was, not to be able to get out of bed in the morning.
Dieter, congratulations!!! What an amazing accomplishment, organizing a successful blot like this!

I love exit shots:

Here is the completed formation:
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org