Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss normal? in the Main forums forums; number 7.jpg does this pic of my back look ok?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 07:23 PM

Default normal?

number 7.jpgdoes this pic of my back look ok?

Last edited by krysy8; 01-14-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 PM

Default heres another

another pic.jpg heres another picture
Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Default according

so if these are a few of the images from the mri i had last yr, they didnt look at my SI joint area right???
Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Administrator

looks way better than most of the people I deal with. It's hard to tell from a few slices... are you sure those are the 'money shots'?

The problem is that things can look pretty good on MRI, yet still be highly symptomatic. (and vice versa)

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 PM

Default not sure

i have tons of slices, some of the slices, i cant tell what the heck they are. i posted these because they seemed clearest. i could post more.

i had another transforminal epideral steroid injection at L5 & S1 again yesterday, which makes 3 TFESI on that side for me. (not to mention the radiofrequency neuroptothy done that didnt really seem to help,.

My DX according to my pain dr is DDD, Lumbar Radioculopathy; lumbar spondylosis, and most recenlty Fibromyalgia.

maybe its the Fibro DX they gave me that is why im always in so much lower back pain??
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 PM

Hi Krysy
I can't tell heads or tails of an MRI and honestly don't personally place too much faith on them for myself. Based on the written report only. My surgeon looks at the films first and then looks at the report. When it has said severe, we both know there is a problem that needs to be treated.
I was curious of the fibro diagnosis. Do you have other symptoms to go along with the diagnosis?
This spine world is a really life long process for lots of us, i hope you can get some treatment that helps you a lot
Judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 PM

Default other symptoms

the fibro dx came from a visit to my dr... i was having HORRIBLE pains in my arms that were even waking me up.. i just happned to have a scheduled visit w my pain doc who has been treating my lower back whiile my arms were hurting. they were hurting below shoulder, and above elbow. dr said there woudl be NO reason for pain to be occuring there. then he started feeling around and felt this area below my collar bone on my chest and INSTANTLY i nearly dropped. it felt liek a burning sensation, and ended up hurting slightly for days. the area had felt tender. Then i told him about how about a month prior, my big toe was was swollen and sore for a few days. He concluded that since i have random bouts of pain in all for quarters of my body, tender spots on my chest and back of neck and extra sensitivity to my lower back pain, that i have fibro. he said that ppl who have injuries or long term pain often develop fibro, or fibro soon comes out. as he stated, he thinks that fibro is finally showing its ugly head..

IDK how i feel about this, i feel like it is underestimating my back pain. yes i have random pains that are intense, go for periods of time with zero energy and tiredness. i thoguht the tiredness and lack of good sleep was cuz of my back pain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsewell View Post
Hi Krysy
I can't tell heads or tails of an MRI and honestly don't personally place too much faith on them for myself. Based on the written report only. My surgeon looks at the films first and then looks at the report. When it has said severe, we both know there is a problem that needs to be treated.
I was curious of the fibro diagnosis. Do you have other symptoms to go along with the diagnosis?
This spine world is a really life long process for lots of us, i hope you can get some treatment that helps you a lot
Judy
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 PM

I really don't know much about fibro , i was just curious as i have pain almost everywhere. but in me i am sure it is from the spine as i have had surgery on the whole darn thing.
I did have something called polymyalgia a few years back which lasted about 2 years. It is a muscle inflammatory disease. It has some blood markers too. That one really sucked. Only treatment was bad, bad steroids daily for years. Nothing like blowing up while eating almost nothing. I look at pics of myself then and yuck. I didn't realize at the time how bad i looked.

I sure hope your back pain gets treated successfully, but does seem like you have tried quite a bit. How about physical therapy. I think that will be my next step.
It really can help just takes time to see any improvement, helps tremendously if you have a great pt like i do. I have had a few that were wonderful and am lucky to have one i have consistently been going to on and off for the last 5 years.
Good Luck with it all.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy