Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss L1/L2 & T12/L1- Burning back and right butt in the Main forums forums; I had a discogram done and it shows L1/L2 and T12/L1 are painful. However, when they did the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 PM

Default L1/L2 & T12/L1- Burning back and right butt

I had a discogram done and it shows L1/L2 and T12/L1 are painful. However, when they did the discogram, the back pain was higher up than my usual pain.
I have a lot of burning in my right butt and low back.

I had 2 ADR's 7 years ago at L4/L5 and L5/S1 and was fine up until 6 months ago.

Can burning pain in my low back really come from these upper levels?

My doc says the burning in my right butt isn't related to my back...but then it's a big coincidence that the butt and back pain started the same day when I was sitting for 5 hours...

My doc injected Tissell in to the bad discs...but still not sure he's getting 100% of the problem. They will do a piriformis injection but not sure that's the problem.

I had an MRI done, but without contrast. The doc said it wouldn't make any difference with the dye...Is that correct...Is there no scar tissue with ADR?

It hurts....
Old 01-31-2013, 06:36 AM

Default nice post

Hi! I really like your page very much. It contains a very usefull information. Thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 AM

Cycle 1
there is always the old second opinion. Once i had 2 exactly the same i knew what my first problem was. I now have pretty much my whole back fused. I can tell you things i have experienced or learned along the way. I did have major problems with sciatic pain a few months ago. It was so painful i could not walk after a surgery on fusing L4-5. Also 2 higher fractures were fixed. I woke up from the surgery in intense pain and to top it off they had forgot to give me any pain pump. I had to call my surgeon at home to get that to happen. I was truly miserable. I had to wait in agony 6 weeks for more surgery to take out the hardware in my lower spine. I still have problems with my left leg and butt, but i do believe it is all from the lumbar area.
I am sorry, i wish i knew the answer to your questions. I personally would think it was from the lower levels. I also had a painful T11-12 which was fused a few years ago. I also did experience unbearable pain with the disco gram.
Hope someone will come on to help you
Judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy