Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Lumbar MRI, please review in the Main forums forums; Hi, I've been scheduled for a hydbrid surgery (L4-L5 ADR and L5-S1 fusion) and doing lots of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 PM

Default Lumbar MRI, please review (edited)

Hi, I've been scheduled for a hydbrid surgery (L4-L5 ADR and L5-S1 fusion) and doing lots of research on hybrid surgery. Needless to say I'm kind of worried and just wouldn't mind another opinion/view on matters.

The reason I am undecided on surgery is the fact that when i went to the surgeon he asked the usual questions, did a few tests and then said, well here is what we are going to do (hybrid surgery).
At that point i should've bombarded him with questions about my report and what he is seeing as opposed to the radiologists report but i was kind of taken aback from the whole thing and the appointment ended. The surgeon said that there is a pile of information on the internet and to research.
Here is my radiologist report from the MRI:

Clinical history: Back Pain. X-Ray - Severe disc L5/S1 Disc narrowing

Results: Sagittal and axial T1 and T2 sequences were obtained throught the lumbar spine. The axial sequences extend from L3 to S1.

L3-L4: No abnormality is seen.

L4-L5: There is mild diffuse bulging of the invertabral disc.

L5-S1: There is disc space narrowing and mild diffuse bulging of the invertabral disc.

Impression: See above.

Thank you for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 004.jpg (86.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by melsted; 02-19-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: radiologist report and additional comments