Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Why does the scar appear to be in the wrong location? in the Main forums forums; After 13 shitty months of sciatica I got an edoscopic micro discetomy done in january on the l5/s1. Before ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 11:45 PM

Default Why does the scar appear to be in the wrong location?

After 13 shitty months of sciatica I got an edoscopic micro discetomy done in january on the l5/s1. Before the operation the sciatica would come and go like a rollercoaster. Usualy when I would not do anything for a week, if would lessen. Stress and sports would make it almost unbearable.

The surgery itself went very well. I was walking around by day two and was doin very well but day 10.

So withthe surgery done and while the sciatica seems to be better it has not gone away. Thi came very appearant when I decided to go swimming (as recommended by surgeon) two days ago and the pain felt like it was coming back.

Wich brings me to this. Ever since I woke up from the surgery I always felt like the incision scar was much higher than where I tought it would be. I might just be paranoid about this but it looks like its a vertebrea or two above where it should be.

If the doc had asked me to draw a line following the pain, it would be 2-3 inche lower than where it is.

Has any of you ever felt this way about the incision site.

I havent brought to up to anyone because they may think I am being crazy.