Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss MRI result help - Bulging disc, compression fracture in the Main forums forums; Hi everyone, I need some help in reading my mri report & figuring out my options, that is if i ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 03:18 AM

Default MRI result help - Bulging disc, compression fracture

Hi everyone,

I need some help in reading my mri report & figuring out my options, that is if i have any available to me . I was recently rear ended in a car accident. I'm still in constant pain and my life is on put on hold. The results read:

• minor degenerative change within T6-T7 disc space
• early degenerative change within T11-T12 & T12-L1 disc spaces
• minor compression deformity of the anterior superior endplates of C7
• moderate compression deformity of the anterior superior endplate of T1
• minor increased signal anterior sub endplate of C7 indicating recent trauma and minor compression fracture
• minor to moderate degenerate change within C5-C6 disc space with a minimal focal bulging of disc material centrally and left paracentral position
• minor degenerative change in the T12-L1 disc space with an old schmol node in the inferior endplate of T12 consistant with past adolescent epiphysitis

Loss of lordosis in thoracic, cervical and lumber regions

Thanks in advance,
Old 02-19-2013, 03:39 PM

Spondylosis ; A degenerative disease of the spinal column, especially one leading to fusion and immobilization of the vertebral bones. degenerative spinal changes due to osteoarthritis.
osteophytes ; Bone spurs, or osteophytes, are bony projections that form along joints, and are often seen in conditions such as arthritis. Bone spurs are largely responsible for limitations in joint motion and can cause pain.
Lordosis ; An increased inward curving of the lumbar spine
Hypertrophic ; A nontumorous enlargement of an organ or a tissue as a result of an increase in the size rather than the number of constituent cells
stenosis ; stricture; an abnormal narrowing or contraction of a duct or canal.

Schmorl's nodules are protrusions of the cartilage of the intervertebral disc through the vertebral body endplate and into the adjacent vertebra.

looks like you have deteriorating discs also, which is common, depending on your age, relates to how much you have, I have listed some definitions to words we are usually not accustom to knowing, you can look up some others' and get an idea of what they are saying, and talk to your neuro or spine doctor to get answers to your questions

Last edited by hamrs_62; 02-19-2013 at 03:43 PM.