Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss adr and nerve pain question in the Main forums forums; I wanted to ask those with lumbar ADR if they had this type of pain prior to ADR surgery and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 PM

Default adr and nerve pain question

I wanted to ask those with lumbar ADR if they had this type of pain prior to ADR surgery and if ADR helped this type of pain.

Did you have nerve pain that felt like it originated at the disc level that sent a buzzing, vibration, electrical and cutting feeling into the legs and feet?

I am wondering if an ADR would reduce this type of pain. When I sit, it feels like the compression on the disc increases the intensity of the buzzing, electrical, vibration, cutting type pain. I can feel the buzzing/vibration right at the L4/L5 area.

I woke up with this feeling after a disc surgery and was told the nerves would settle down. They never did unfortunately. I've done many of the treatments you typically do for nerve pain, but I help can't but wonder if ADR could address this along with the back pain.

I can't help but wonder if I eliminate the buzzing at the disc, then it could possibly reduce the buzzing/electrical down the legs.

My understanding is that ADR is not used to treat nerve pain. However, there seems to be a direct correlation with how my much buzzing there is as a result of how much sitting compression there is.

The buzzing going down the legs is not sciatia, but a buzzing/vibration/electrical in the front of thighs and cutting in the feet.

Did any lumbar ADR recipients have compression type nerve pain in legs prior to ADR? I am looking for a solution other than a spinal cord stimulator.

I have severe L5/S1 disc degeneration and Grade V annual tear at L4/L5.

Thank you for your opinion.