Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss ADR scheduled tomorrow and need opinions in the Main forums forums; I have surgery scheduled with Dr. Clavel tomorrow for 2 level ADR at L4-S1. I went through consultation today ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 AM

Default ADR scheduled tomorrow and need opinions

I have surgery scheduled with Dr. Clavel tomorrow for 2 level ADR at L4-S1. I went through consultation today in person. Seems like the right guy to have this type of surgery. I am using the next 24 hours to make sure it's worth the risk. I currently have leg pain/numbness after walking about 100 feet. Sitting and laying down is fine. Back pain is constant. L4-L5 is pretty much bone on bone. Not too much long before it starts to fuse. L5-S1 is where my leg pain originates. All that said, I feel ADR is necessary to remove the crowding from the DDD and obtain healthy facets and bones. However, I have been told by US doctors to try everything minimally before fusing or even ADR. I was told that performing foraminoplasty may relieve leg pain and numbness. All that said, after reading the risks with ADR, I am wondering if foraminotplasty is worth a try as well as a spacer (not sure of the device name) in between the joints at L4-L5 to relieve some of the crowding and future complications. Sorry for the ramble here but just looking for opinions.

Last edited by Mike C; 06-11-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:43 AM

Welcome Mike,
I'm afraid i have no experience with ADR, i have had extensive spine surgery, but my bone quality is pretty poor. I just saw that no one with experience answered you and wanted to wish you the best of luck on your surgery. It is pretty normal to think you are not sure you are doing the right thing in the days before surgery. You will be fine.
Good luck and i hope you post after surgery to let us know how you are doing.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 06-12-2013, 03:55 PM

Default surgery

Good luck Mike if you're having or had your surgery!

Is Dr.Clavel in Spain? If so in Barcelona or ? Please tell of whatever sightseeing you might undertake and/or restaurants should you get to this as well as how your surgery goes if you get to that too!

take good care! Maria