Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss First post, advice needed! in the Main forums forums; Hello to all, I'm happy to have found this site but also sad to hear about others suffering. I'...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 PM

Default First post, advice needed!

Hello to all,

I'm happy to have found this site but also sad to hear about others suffering. I'm 43 years old male. I had lamenectomy/discectomy 2006. I guess it was succesful. My wife took me to emergency for severe right leg pain. The surgery happened the next morning. Apparently had massive herniation that left disc material in my spinal canal and was causing the issue. I would say compared to a lot of what I have read my problems are not as severe. Normally I have pain in both legs to some degree worse when sitting. Fast forward to present, low back pain has increased a lot since the end of 2012. More occurance of it "going out" on me. MRI and x-rays were done in April this year. Neurosurgeon said my report doesn't look that bad and asked me what I wanted to do. He said he could do a fusion but unknown if it will be better after. Things have changed big time. Muscle spasms so bad in the low back right side I can't stand, walk or get up after sitting. My primary called in Prednisone which helped almost immediately. I was able to walk and sit without too much pain. I had an appointment last week with pain management anesthesiologist and he wants to give me facet joint injections. While I was waiting on that to be approved I saw a chiropractor that is very trusted with my sister and other family members. In between seeing the PM Dr. and the Chiro the Prednisone course had finished. The day after it was gone the spasms were back to complete failure. I called Saturday and asked for more but they said no. My wife called Sunday and it was called in again and almost immediately helped a lot. The chiropractor looked at my x-rays with me and said he could clearly see the problem. He said it was facet syndrome, that the lower facet joints were out of alignment and that he could fix it no problem. He said to give him 6 weeks. In the mean time the Prednisone will run out this Sunday. I am suppose to see the chiro again Monday. If the spasms are back he wont be able to do anything with me. I have basically been in bed for nearly two months and still dont know or understand what my diagnosis is or what happened. I cry almost everyday and am extrememly frustrated, in pain, depression etc. Neurosurgeon's diagnosis is "your a young guy with a bad back". Pain management Dr. didn't say much either besides lemme give you some shots at random. I feel undiagnosed. Impossible to get better if nobody knows whats wrong. I'm sceptical about the Chiropractor but dont know what else to do?