Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Hello, my intro thread in the Main forums forums; Hi, I'm Henry from Connecticut, US. I am getting very close to setting a date with Dr Zeegers for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 06:21 PM

Default Hello, my intro thread

Hi, I'm Henry from Connecticut, US. I am getting very close to setting a date with Dr Zeegers for a 2 level adr L4-S1. 2 others surgeons wanted to be more aggressive (Bierstedt & Clavel wanted to do L3-S1).
Prior to my last facet injections I was unable to stand for more than 5 minutes. That had been the case for a couple of weeks. I had some ups and downs after the injections and now about 5 weeks out I am back to my normal pattern of 30 minutes or so before I go down.
Does the improvement say anything about where my pain is coming from? My disks from L4 and down are in terrible shape (black and compressed).
If my persistent pain is discogenic then why do I get moderate relief from facet joint injections.
Then again my rhizotomy was a absolute failure and I don't have pain when bending backwards. I just want to be sure before I undergo such a invasive procedure that in fact my pain is definitely from the discs.
Coccyx dislocated / same fall (Cannot sit)
Aug 2011 pull-start generator - unrelenting low back pain - can only stand for 30 min
Nov 2011 -rhizotomy - makes things worse
22 hours/day in bed
June 2012 - present receiving facet injections every 4 months, only last one helped somewhat
L3-L5 ActivL Surgery w/Dr Zeegers April 16th
Doing great!!!!!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:34 AM

Default surgery

Hi Henry,
Which surgery will you be having or what type .. fusion, ADR, hybrid (mix of both)?

Did you have a discogram? How about a CT scan?

I can't answer any of the questions you asked except to say maybe you have more than one type of problem based on what you mentioned re your disc spaces being blackened and compressed .. do you have facet changes as well that maybe you're getting some relief from that or at least enough to feel a bit better..

Mark (mmglobal) most likely is the person to help you out with some answers.

Anyway good luck.. I remember the days when I could only stand 5 mins or so and then even only 30 (re back probs). Now my back tolerates way more but my feet are problematic

Hope Mark and/or someone else pops in here and gives you some answers! Maria
Old 02-02-2014, 02:26 PM

Maria
Dr Zeegers is proposing a 2 level adr with a possibility of one of those levels between L4-S1 possibly fused. How do I get in touch with Mark?
Coccyx dislocated / same fall (Cannot sit)
Aug 2011 pull-start generator - unrelenting low back pain - can only stand for 30 min
Nov 2011 -rhizotomy - makes things worse
22 hours/day in bed
June 2012 - present receiving facet injections every 4 months, only last one helped somewhat
L3-L5 ActivL Surgery w/Dr Zeegers April 16th
Doing great!!!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:11 PM

Default re Mark

Right underneath iSpine heading above you will see Discussion Forums, Lending Library, Article Library, About Spine and Contact Us

Click on Contact Us and fill out the information. You may want to call as well. Also you can head a topic to Mark here.

You will be so glad when you contact Mark believe me.. you'll know why once you start talking with him. Biggest favor you could do yourself esp. if you're trying to hook up with Dr.Zeegers.

Good luck and please if you're so inclined keep us posted~ Maria