Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Upcoming surgery w/Dr Zeegers in the Main forums forums; It's been a while since I posted on this site. I wanted to let anyone interested know that I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 06:20 PM

Default Upcoming surgery w/Dr Zeegers

It's been a while since I posted on this site. I wanted to let anyone interested know that I have a surgical appointment on April 16th with Dr Zeegers. The base plan is a 2 level adr L4-5 & L5-S1. Dr Zeegers has told me it's possible that he may have to do a hybrid in which L4-5 will be a fused. I'm hopeful that L4-5 will be qualified for the adr but if it is not then so be it. Even though I got 2 other opinions, I knew all along it would be Dr Zeegers. In my mind he is a one of a kind surgeon and person. I also want to give thanks to Mark Mintzer, whom I just recently reached out to for some advice. He's a class act for sure.
Coccyx dislocated / same fall (Cannot sit)
Aug 2011 pull-start generator - unrelenting low back pain - can only stand for 30 min
Nov 2011 -rhizotomy - makes things worse
22 hours/day in bed
June 2012 - present receiving facet injections every 4 months, only last one helped somewhat
L3-L5 ActivL Surgery w/Dr Zeegers April 16th
Doing great!!!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 PM

Hey Heney,

That's awesome. I've been in contact with DR Zeegers myself. I have my MRI for the 30th, and then I'll have all the information to send to DR Zeegers so he can review and provide me my options.

Hope all goes well!

Karger

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry4956 View Post
It's been a while since I posted on this site. I wanted to let anyone interested know that I have a surgical appointment on April 16th with Dr Zeegers. The base plan is a 2 level adr L4-5 & L5-S1. Dr Zeegers has told me it's possible that he may have to do a hybrid in which L4-5 will be a fused. I'm hopeful that L4-5 will be qualified for the adr but if it is not then so be it. Even though I got 2 other opinions, I knew all along it would be Dr Zeegers. In my mind he is a one of a kind surgeon and person. I also want to give thanks to Mark Mintzer, whom I just recently reached out to for some advice. He's a class act for sure.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:51 PM

Thanks, it wasn't always a smooth ride with Dr Z. He has his quirks just like we all do. He can sometimes be a pain in the ???, but I'm paying for his world class surgical expertise and I tolerate his quirks. Don't get me wrong he truly is a caring and genuine person.
Aug 2011 pull-start generator - unrelenting low back pain - can only stand for 30 min
22 hours/day in bed
June 2012 - present receiving facet injections every 4 months, only last one helped somewhat
Doing great!!!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Sometimes he seems like the nutty professor, but he is one of the the most genuine people I know. If you want great marketing, more logistical support, etc... he may not be your pick. But, if your priorities are first rate diagnostic capability and the most experienced and careful surgeon you can find, you cannot do better than Zeegers!

Mark

PS, He saved my life in 2002 and I feel very blessed to call him a friend.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 03-24-2014, 11:09 PM

Default re your upcoming surigcal date with Dr.Zeegers

Yay Henry!!!! So glad that you hooked up with Mark and then hooked up with Dr. Zeegers and will be having your surgery soon!!! I wish you the very best with the upcoming surgery and recovery and hope you'll keep us posted and tell us about how you'll be handling the trip and the surgery and such!

As far as the hybrid part goes like you said what will be will be ~ I thought far too much and too long about too many things when it came to a 3rd surgery and didn't do it so I'm excited for someone when they can make these kind of decisions and follow thru!

Don't get me wrong I'm Ok with my decision just still am happy for those that can make these important decisions and then act on it with conviction!

All my best~ Maria
Old 03-25-2014, 02:50 PM

Thank you Mark & Maria
Mark said it best, I also belong to that other website and over there Dr Zeegers is not nearly as popular as the 2 'Hot Rockstars' Clavel & Bierstedt. I have nothing against either of them, but in the end it was Zeegers experience and attention to details that won me over. Being a computer programmer I always look at everything analytically and I was able to overlook some of his quirks and concentrate on his pure surgical ability and it was clear to me that he was the logical choice.
I will make some posts after the surgery and keep everyone up to date.
22 hours/day in bed
Doing great!!!!!