Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Calling all Veterans-Denied Treatment at VA Pain Management Clinic in the Main forums forums; I was denied treatment or even an appointment at the VA Pain clinic due to the fact that I am ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2014, 12:33 PM

Angry Calling all Veterans-Denied Treatment at VA Pain Management Clinic

I was denied treatment or even an appointment at the VA Pain clinic due to the fact that I am already on Pain Medication. Now I am fighting the VA for a referral to a civilian(non VA Provider) Pain Management Clinic. Are there any Veterans on this forum that have had to deal with the VA when it comes to Chronic pain and receiving treatment?
I had Cervical ADR surgery in Sept '13 and am still in pain. According to Neurosurgery they can no longer treat me due to their policy and basically shoved me out the door back to my PCP. He would not fill the medication they had me on and put me on another medication that does not work. I missed 3 days of work last week, I can't sleep more than 3/4 hours, no focus and am laying in bed crying. I am exhausted
My PCP went on Vacation so no hope of any meds that will actually work for me but his office is trying to get my referral processed to a local pain clinic. This new clinic also has me worried in that if I pay cash they will not write Rx. They must have a referral and voucher from the VA and all of my records. I let them know that I can provide the referral and all of my records but the voucher must be approved and that can take weeks. I cannot wait weeks for treatment.
I am going through absolute hell right now and my life is falling apart. I feel that VA doesn't care at all. If anyone has any suggestions and/or if you are a Vet can you please help me to navigate the VA and get the treatment I need??
???? Total Shoulder replacement