Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss discectomy at l4/l5 level, stenosis at l3/l4 in the Main forums forums; I had a discectomy in 07/2006 at L3-4. Ive had a numb area in my left thigh and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 08:12 AM

I had a discectomy in 07/2006 at L3-4. Ive had a numb area in my left thigh and my left foot gets hot ever since. Its my understanding the the sympathetic nerve system can lead to some unexplained sensations. If the bad pain is gone be really glad about that and learn to deal with the rest. The only thing that is absolute about back pain and surgery is that its predictably unpredictable.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:43 AM

Thanks for your replies. I see the doctor for the first time since the surgery in 12 days and he wants me walking three miles by then. I'll slow it down for a few days and see what happens. It seems I have no strength in my left quad to bend it while bearing weight. It'll work eventually. I'm interested to see what the doc says.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:33 AM

Default just about anybody

Who has had back surgery will tell you that the recovery is pretty much at your own pace no matter what the doctor expects you to do by a certain point.

The only thing that is absolute about back pain and surgery is that its predictably unpredictable. Truer words were never spoken
Old 05-29-2014, 08:26 PM

I think you are right! I am thankful that today I am headed to watch my son compete in a Crossfit Regional in Salt Lake City. When I hurt my back, I had all but given up being able to go but we are making it a 2 day trip instead of a 1 day and taking lots of breaks. Lots to be grateful for!!!