Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Two level Mobi-C, C5-C6-C7, July 29, 2014 in the Main forums forums; Hi! Well, how I missed this forum is a mystery to me, but I did. In as such, I'd ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 10:36 PM

Default Two level Mobi-C, C5-C6-C7, July 29, 2014

Hi!

Well, how I missed this forum is a mystery to me, but I did. In as such, I'd like to contribute to the forum readers my experience with having just undergone surgery July 29, 2014 to replace my discs at C5-C6 and C6-C7. First let me say that I'm doing great. Almost four weeks with no pain and everything everyone already knows we suffer from with similar conditions. I'll attach my last MRI from March 2014. I first started looking at ADR in the spring of 2012, and life got in the way, so I ended up on pain meds, Neurontin and continued suffering until I was out of time physically and emotionally. I was going to do a two level fusion, and revisited ADR and made the decision to take all my savings plus refinance my car for the equity and pay cash to get this done. My pain level had reached a point I could not walk 50 feet. I could no longer sleep at night and even the simplest daily activities were beyond reach. So I know it is really soon after surgery to proclaim permanent success, but I believe this is working. I'm walking 4-5 miles a day, am now out of my soft collar and feeling like I've not in almost 10 years of bad pain, 20 years of some pain and the last two years, feeling defeated. I'm adjusting to a new norm, one where I'm not in constant pain.

This is my first post and I'm not an expert in all the technologies, but I've read about the various designs and feel confident that the Mobi-C will work as trials and others have reported.

Oh, I'm 62 years old, retired police and military aviation. My body has been through the ringer, to say the least. One of my passions is scuba diving (dive master) and I had to give that up, plus I love mountain hiking, had to give that up. The possibilities that I can resume a normal life bring me to tears.

My surgeon is Dr. Scott Blumenthal at the Texas Back Institute's Center for Disc Replacement. He was recently named in the Becker's Spine Review as one of the top spine surgeons in history. Seriously, he made the list.

I'll leave more to report on as my recovery progresses and questions posted on this thread. Jack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.6 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by sfjack; 08-27-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:27 PM

Default re your cervical ADR

Welcome Jack!
Sounds like surgery is a great success! Congrats!
Love reading that you're 62 w/this level of relief and hope you continue with this great recovery and relief from pain and limitations! This gives people hope for sure !
Thank you for sharing this information here and please keep us updated!

Maria
Old 09-10-2014, 05:15 PM

Default Six Week Checkup

X-rays revealed both devices exactly where implanted, zero pain and of of soft collar now for two weeks. Walking 4-5 miles a day and went dancing last night. All systems go!
Old 09-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Jack, welcome to the forum and congrats on what seems like an amazing success. Sounds like the surgery addressed the issues that you hoped... I look forward to hearing about your continued success and return to a lifestyle that sounds like my dream... scuba, skydiving, flying, hiking....

Mark

Check out....

Activ-L patient organizes skydiving record!

NAvion N4584K

Oh yes.... this video is 1 year post-op from my 4-level cervical ADR...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oerb...k&noredirect=1

Note that my lumbar and cervcal adr surgeries have been wildly successful... unfortunately, I have other spine problems unrelated to the surgeries and and still pretty f'ed up.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 09-12-2014, 01:35 AM

I enjoy reading about success stories such as yours.

2003 L5S1 Charite
1981 L5S1 Discectomy