Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Massage therapy in the Main forums forums; I am suffering from severe pain in the back of my left knee when I am walking. It pains the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2016, 05:18 AM

Default Massage therapy

I am suffering from severe pain in the back of my left knee when I am walking. It pains the most when I bend my knee in the back. I usually want to stand for a long time during my work (as I am in the sales section) and this knee pain makes me uncomfortable. Sometimes the left hip also gets pain. Pain killers did nothing to me. One of my friends suggested me to try a massage therapy from Erin Mills ( Massage Therapy Treatment (RMT) Mississauga & Oakville | Erin Mills Optimum Health ). I need your suggestions. What do you think?
Old 07-05-2016, 04:16 PM

Default re your pain

Hi and Welcome to the forum
Just wondering if you have seen a doctor for a formal diagnosis? There is pain from the back that can be referred into the hip and the knee and then of course there are just hip and knee related types of injuries/conditions.

While massage can be very help with certain conditions like muscular aches and pains (and other things)somehow I don't know if this is what is going to help that specific area. I did look at the site. I also think that deep tissue massage to the back of the leg behind the knee might further create pain especially if you have a tendency to bruise (I do with deep tissue massage). Some times deep tissue massage can make things a lot worse before it feels better too so I'd err on the side of caution there... maybe with your hip and back.

Also this is a really big leap and probably not likely but just in case there was anything like a clot in your leg massage might make it travel. Now I don't think that's as likely as some other possible conditions however what I'm saying is I think it's best to know what you're dealing with to see what might be the best therapy for the condition.

It may be that some physical therapy and strengthening exercises might be what you need or maybe you've already gone that route with no success so it's really difficult to say based on the information you wrote.

Can you tell us more? Pain killers of what nature.. Nsaids for inflammation?

Standing in one place or even being on ones feet all day long can be brutal when there is something bothering one that makes it painful so I hope you have a working diagnosis or will soon get one if you do not.

I've had two knee surgeries in the past (both successful) as well as two back surgeries (not successful) and a number of foot surgeries. While not a fan of surgeries unless absolutely needed I am a fan of getting best most accurate diagnosis possible and best treatment plan options so I can try to have best outcome possible.

good luck and please tell more if you are so inclined and keep us posted.

Maria

Last edited by Maria; 07-05-2016 at 04:20 PM.