Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Cervical Issues in the Main forums forums; Hello, well it has been a long time since I have corresponded on here. Some names are the same, but ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2016, 04:55 PM

Unhappy Cervical Issues

Hello, well it has been a long time since I have corresponded on here. Some names are the same, but I do see new as well.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a lumbar spiney who eventually received a 2 level ADR (Prodisc) in Vienna by Dr. B. (May 2004)

I recovered from the lumbar surgery fairly well. I do get occasional pings down the left leg, but nothing like I had prior to surgery.

Now..... I'm back having neck problems. Started a week-ish or two ago. I may have had symptoms much longer and just didn't realize what it was.

Symptoms are a stiff neck, with pain radiating to the left shoulder blade, upper left arm, then to the left wrist area and into the left index and thumb fingers.

It is a bit early to say this, but I think this is possibly due to an injury to the C5-C6 segment. So, I'm trying to treat conservatively for now with NSAIDs, a steroid bomb (on first bomb now), will be starting mild therapy and go from there. Not on narcotics yet. On flexeril.

Anyways, I think that most of you who have been through this before know how the thinking process works......thinking of the best and worst stuff as case scenarios.

So, I guess, its time to do some homework "just in case" if this should lead down a surgical pathway.

Wishing everyone a less pain / pain free day.

Poncho (aka Sue)
Old 07-16-2016, 11:06 PM

Default re cervical issues

Hey Sue,
Nice to see you post again though sorry to read why. Glad to read your lumbar spine is doing so well though! Yay!!!

I went thru some cervical stuff too for what seemed like about 4-6 years maybe. Had some MRIs revealing minor disc bulging at I don't even remember exactly what level, DDD, and I guess some other changes I was told would b bothersome but not a reason for surgery.. fast forward to the last I'm not sure how many years even though very few probs with my neck except every so often when I feel I've slept wrong or used my arms in a manner that aggravates pain flare up.

Anyway hope that whatever you do try will alleviate your symptoms and all will continue well for you. Please keep us updated though as there's always some of us "oldies" out there and some newbies checking in every so often!

take care! Maria
Old 07-17-2016, 04:02 PM

Thanks Maria,

It is good to hear from you too!

I trying to read through posts to get caught up here.

It will be interesting to see what is new in spine technology.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to research spine surgeons in Ohio that performs ADR just in case. Hopefully, I can find someone in the Cincinnati area.

Sending you and everyone on here less pain / pain free vibes.

Sue
Old 07-23-2016, 03:35 PM

Default good luck!

Hey Sue,
Have you spoken with Mark recently? He might be able to direct you to someone in your area...

Anyway wishing you all the best and please update if and when you have time!

take care!

Maria
Old 07-24-2016, 02:06 PM

Hi Maria,

I haven't reached out to him yet. Hoping this will heal on its own. Going to start PT this week. If that doesn't work try chiropractic (non-manipulative) and go from there.....well... that is the plan for now.

Hope you are doing well and soaking up the sunny California weather

Take care,
Sue
Old 07-26-2016, 10:11 AM

I wonder if there is anyone who has completely recovered from spine injury.