Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Chronic Muscle spasm knots burning? in the Main forums forums; Hi, this my 1st post and I am sure glad I found this site. MRI shows I have a small ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2016, 07:50 PM

Default Chronic Muscle spasm knots burning?

Hi, this my 1st post and I am sure glad I found this site.
MRI shows I have a small herniation at L4/L5 with about 40% loss of disc height and central herniation at C5/C6 impinging on the cord backstopped by a buckling ligamentum flavum. I'm Ok if I don't look up.
I have no lower back pain just numbness/pain in the right foot and right hand and some other cervical symptoms but only pretty minor neck pain occasionally . My biggest problem is the paraspinal muscle tension/spasm that was mostly right sided but now includes the left. Tight from the sacrum up to the top of the rib cage between the scapula. No treatment has worked to stretch them and they are just more knotted up than before. Any sort of stretch makes them tingle/burn. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this in the absence of any pronounced back or neck pain? Could either of those degenerated discs be causing this? Thanks in advance.