Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Mm Global??? in the Main forums forums; Forgive me if this is out of line. But my name is Gabe n I had talked with Mark a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2016, 07:08 AM

Default Mm Global???

Forgive me if this is out of line. But my name is Gabe n I had talked with Mark a while back and he offered his service to me but said his condition wasn't good n couldn't be hired fully n would help out best he could. At the time I wasn't gonna go out of town. Anyways to be blunt. How is Mark does anyone know? I have tried to contact him several times via email as I'm too shy to call him. I don't know him personally. I don't really need him it's just that I'm worried. He sounded like a genuine good guy and expressed he had health issues also I see he hasn't posted in a while.

Is he still alive? Does he still endorse ADR surgery. He didn't elaborate if his issues were his back directly but I guessed they were. It's none of my business I agree but I'm really concerned and also I'm curious if his ADRs failed on him n that's why he hasn't been vocal?

Again plz font be offended if I'm out of line let me know n I'll delete this post!
Old 01-22-2017, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Wow, I can't believe that I'm responding to a message titled mmglobal more than 4 months late. That is an indication of how things are. What's posted above is pretty much correct. Yes... mmglobal is a great guy!

I tell people that my ability to help is limited because of my situation I have not attended a surgeons conference since 2014 and have not been to Europe with clients for surgery since 2012. I'm no longer observing surgeries frequently, and I'm not spending much time with the doctors. Because of these issues, I believe that my data is 'stale' so it is of substantially reduced value. I believe that I can still help with decision support, providing some help in the way you evaluate the info you are getting and how much weight to give to many of the issues.

My problems seem to be thoracic, but there is no obvious culprit. The issue does not seem to be related to my surgeries, but one of my discs is substantially subsided. In most cases of subsidence I've seen, it yields a good result because that level should autofuse or remain mobile... either outcome is typically OK.

Yes, I still endorse ADR surgery as superior for most patients who are GOOD CANDIDATES for ADR. Having said that I will stand by what I've said for more than a decade now... if you need spine surgery you are facing future. All surgical options come with substantial risk of failure. Considering cervical ADR vs. fusion you risk different complications depending on which you choose. Whichever you chose, these can be serious.

That's all I can type now... I hope everyone had great holiday and new year's celebrations.

All the best,

Mark

PS. For those who know me... every other part of my life is great... Diane is retired, kids are great and we are up to 4 grandchildren now. Except for the every day thoracic pain, life is great.

Also... I will move this thread from travel to main forum as this is a mainstream topic, not travel.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 02-03-2017, 04:38 PM

Default so good

To see you post Mark!!! I am happy to read that you're doing well other than your thoracic area which I hope isn't too disabling. I am sure it carries it's set of limitations just by virtue of your reply here.

Anyway you are missed! Congrats to Diane on retirement and to the family on the 4 grand babies!

take good care and hope to see you one of these days in the future!
Old 07-13-2017, 08:06 PM

I just signed in after realizing I hadn't been here in awhile.
Good to see your post, Mark, even if I'm 5 months late. I'm sorry to see that your thoracic problems continue and to learn that you're not able to continue your good work. I will be forever grateful to you for your help in getting my ADR surgery. Congratulations to Diane on her retirement and to both of you on having 4 grandchildren!
Old 12-19-2017, 03:38 PM

Mark, Sorry to hear about your T-spine. I'm happy to hear the family is doing so well. Congrats on the grandchildren!

2003 L5S1 Charite
1981 L5S1 Discectomy
Old 08-24-2019, 08:59 PM

Hi Mark.

Since I have these things in my back and share this history I am glad to see that the forum is still intact if not very busy. I am still learning things about adr and living with them and I need to concentrate through all the pain control weed to write my story but the news is good .. more later.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Default Guten tag von Bogen!

I can't believe I'm back here in Bavaria. Before this year, my last trip to Europe was in 2012, when I did Bogen, Leipzig, Bonn. Since then, my dear friend Dr. Zeegers has passed. I really miss our friendship. Dr. Baumbach has retired, but he still lives in Munich. Diane and I have gotten to see him on our trips here this year.

I'm here in Bogen with the client who got me out of retirement. 3rd trip this year. He had 3 level cervical in June. We are back here now for a series of complex lumbar surgeries that will make for an amazing story. Bertagnoli is still absolutely incredible and offers options that are not possible anywhere else. Please note that I'm not blogging his surgery and will not answer questions at this time. When the patient is ready, he'll come and post.

Diane is still doing great. Grandkids are now 12, 4, 4 and 3. Remember that when Diane went for her surgery with Bertagnoli in 2008, Zoey was not yet 1! It looks like toddler Zoey is still my avatar here on ispine.

This is just a quick hello. I hope to post more details about many different things. I don't know if I'll have the capacity to keep things rolling here like I did in the past. One thing I've been asked to do is to get all the old folks to come here and post their decades updates. That'll be really interesting to see how everyone has fared. I don't know what format they should take... freeform or are there specific questions that should be answered? I'm open to suggestions.

So many of the members here are cherished old friends and I look forward to reconnecting with those I've lost track of.

It'll be interesting trying to fire up the forum again. Years ago, I got tired of dealing with the robots posting marketing material and disallowed new users. I'll get things turned back on as soon as I can so new people can come and post.

Pain-free vibes going out to all!

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 12-12-2019, 11:04 PM

Do it free form. A patient should be able to express freely but some guiding questions might be a good idea.