Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Update on mystery clinical trial / surgery in the Main forums forums; I was told they would have definite info for me by the end of last year on the clinical trial. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 12:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to tisury
Default Update on mystery clinical trial / surgery

I was told they would have definite info for me by the end of last year on the clinical trial. No one contacted me, so I contacted them. Bad news - the trial has again been postponed. From Sept 2006, to March 2007, to now sometime in the Fall 2007. Good news - they gave me a website, but it is VERY vague. spinalrestoration.com

It talks of early intervention, so I am not sure it would have helped me after all I have been through in 5 years, but, we will never know.

SO, I guess I WILL NOT be trying this clinical trial procedure before going to Germany in May for a two level ADR above my existing one. Kind of depressing because I thought this was my last chance at possibly being able to avoid such a major second surgery. On the other hand, maybe it was meant to be this way and now we can make our arrangements early, instead of waiting to see if it worked first.
Oct 2004-very minor improvement -severe nerve pain in hips,legs, and backside has not improved.
Rhizotomy L2-L5 no relief
Sept 2005-Positional MRI shows bulges at L3-4 &
L4-5 impinging on nerves
May 2006 Nuleoplasty L3-5 no help
May 22 2007-2nd ADR surgery-2 level Prodisc (L34 &
L45) & vertebroplasty - Dr. Bertagnoli -Germany.