Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Bruising w/meds? in the Main forums forums; I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.. I've been taking a low dose of Methadone ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Bruising w/meds?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.. I've been taking a low dose of Methadone for 6 years and Neurontin 1800mg since 1998. Also take Fioricet for Migraines prn.

My lower extremities (legs) are constantly bruising. We had 80 plus degree weather yesterday and I can no longer wear shorts due to the unsightly bruising.

In fact I sat several days in court rooms for not more than an hour (got up the second day as it was a city hall meeting actually and walked, stretched- last nearly 2 hours) and where the seat ends and hits the back of my legs there is bruising all across bilaterally. Didn't feel a thing..(like pain upon bruising)~

I've been worked up extensively for this as far as labwork goes. No explanation, no recommendation by the multi physicians I've consulted both GP and OSS.

I'm going to buy some Vitamin K and I'm not sure what else. Just wondering if anyone here has had this kind of *problem*...

My upper body is OK. No bruising. Maybe I just bump my legs so much and don't even feel it or realize it due to some loss of sensitivity....(definately not feeling it at the time unless it's a hard hit on bony area)~

I've also lost nearly 15 lbs since late Sept. '06. Not trying. Lack of appetite last several months and eat about one meal a day. I had wanted to lose weight before surgery so I'm glad about this and I think it's a safe amount per month. Probably need to spiff up on some Vitamin rich veggies tho and eat a much more sound diet. Lazy...

Recommendations anyone? Been there, had this happen??

Last edited by Maria; 02-17-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:57 AM

Default Bruising

Hey Maria,

I'm assuming that you are saying your coags PT, PTT, INR are within normal limits. How about the platlets?

I too was on methadone (up to 75 mg / day) and on Neurontin for a bit. I noticed the bruising - but I think it was due to bumping into things.

I also noticed some bruises on my butt and thigh area that kept reappearing. Come to find out that due to the sciatic pain, I was grabbing & rubbing my hind-end and thigh in that area. Even while sleeping.... My fingerprints were a perfect match...go - figure (don't laugh too hard) - But I'm sure some other spiney's out there can relate.