Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss ProDisc-L L4/5, L5/S1 at TBI on April 12th in the Main forums forums; Hello everyone! I am getting anxious for my ADR surgery that is less than a month away at Texas Back ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 07:15 PM

Smile ProDisc-L L4/5, L5/S1 at TBI on April 12th

Hello everyone!

I am getting anxious for my ADR surgery that is less than a month away at Texas Back Institute (TBI) with Dr. Zigler.

The surgery can't come sooner because I have been having really bad leg pain in my left leg lately. My legs and hips are always sore to the touch.

I would love to hear from other people especially those who had the Prodisc installed, other women, multi-level ADRS, and those who went to TBI.

Thank you!
L4/L5, L5/S1 herniated and bulging, Discogram confirmed
Three spinal nerve blocks, One SI joint nerve block, 8 wks of PT, pain/anti-inflammatory meds
L4/5, L5/S1 ProDisc ADR with Dr. Zigler - April 12, 2007

Last edited by Can't Sit; 03-14-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Paula,

I'm not a woman... haven't been to TBI... don't have ProDisc... but I do have ADR L4-S1 with excellent results.

Welcome to the forum!

I look forward to hearing of your excellent results too!

all the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 03-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Administrator

I also could not sit (except for the zero gravity chair.) Now, I'll be 7 hours into a 12 hour flight and will get up to stretch because it seems like a good idea... not because I'm squirming or in pain. I also had severe leg pain that as 95% resolved with my ADR surgery.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 03-15-2007, 05:13 PM

Paula,

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find compassion and wisdom from those who have and are walking in your shoes.

I had a 3 level Prodisc 17 months ago. Severe distraction damage is keeping me still in the healing stage but I can sit much longer and for the most part, have gotten my life back, which is why we choose adr's over other surgeries.

Anxiousness is all a part of this. I've no doubt that as your surgery date draws nearer, you'll be filled with greater doubts, fears and anxiousness. This is normal for any elective surgery made worse when dealing with your spine. Those of us who have already had the surgery know exactly how your feel and those still waiting are experiencing the same feelings. The TBI is a great facility and I'm sure they'll do a wonderful surgery and you'll experience a great outcome.

Please feel free to vent as often as you want. This is scary, pure and simple and we'd be more concerned if you didn't have these worries. So sit back (I know you can't), take a deep breath and make your plans for your recovery, which must not be rushed.

You didn't mention which levels are affected. Are you going for a multi-level procedure? When is your surgery?

And yes, I am a woman despite my name. Please take care and good luck,
Dale
Old 03-15-2007, 05:34 PM

Hi Can't Sit,

I am a female with a 2 level Prodisc at L4-5 & L5-S1. I have also been to TBI and have met Dr Zigler. However, due to the long waiting lists at the time - I couldn't take it any longer and went abroad and had the surgery performed by Dr. B.

I don't know how long you have lived in chronic pain from your back, however, I can tell you that I was ailing for 3 years before making that decision and taking that leap of faith.

I am doing pretty good now at almost 3 years post-op. I do have some back aches and some pings of sciatica - however, nothing like I had before surgery.

In my case, after having ADR - the first day/night post-op was the toughest and then things just got better. I think walking as soon as you possibly can post-op helped a lot. The back pain, resolved a lot within the first week or two post-op and the leg pain hung out for about 2 months or so....Then, one morning I woke up and it was gone.....Now, I like I said, I still get the sciatic pain on and off - especially with weather changes. However, I still keep the fingers crossed when I say these things and hope and pray that I don't have to live like I was living prior to surgery.

Good luck and I wish you nothing but pain free days in the near future!!!

Poncho