Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Hello all, new member with question in the Main forums forums; I found my way to this wonderful place by way of Melonie Beattie's book, and I was overwhelmed by ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2007, 07:27 AM

Question Hello all, new member with question

I found my way to this wonderful place by way of Melonie Beattie's book, and I was overwhelmed by Mark's story.
Thank you for the wealth of information on here.

This is my story, in a nutshell.
It started with a bad rear ender, whiplash and damage to my neck requiring an epidural 5 years later at C5/6. I was incredibly fortunate that this relieved the pain in that area.
Two years later I began to feel pain between my shoulder blades. I have been through every kind of therapy and test imaginable it seems, the MRI does show disc degeneration in T5/6/7 with arthritis. The pain is severe, in 7 years of coping with this pain I have ended up on Duragesic to cope and lead a semi normal life. I have fibrommyalgia as well and try to lead a very active life, between working full time, 3 teenagers, and flyfishing on days off in order so I stay in shape as much as possible. I also had a herniated disc in L5 last year with sciatica for a year requiring an epidural, luckily I am almost 100 percent healed from that.

My question is, can anything be done with the thoracic area? I have been met with nothing but "there's nothing we can do" so far.

I thank you very much for any information you can give me in advance.

Deb