Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Re canceled surgery and being better in the Main forums forums; Other shoe dropped. Back out for over a week now. Painful burning aching feeling in low back that makes me ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 01:39 PM

Cool Re canceled surgery and being better

Other shoe dropped. Back out for over a week now. Painful burning aching feeling in low back that makes me not want to do anything but lie around. Fortunately my dog needs to be walked or I'd stay inside vegetating on the couch...

Also have to get a root canal done soon.. guess that was worth waiting for

I don't know if I can handle getting my other foot surgery done before my back.. gimping and extending my leg to heal my foot when sitting really did a number on my low back and then while being playful I twisted my spine too quickly and since then... OUCH...

Blair.. your day is coming up soon~ good for you and wishing you the best!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara

Maria
Check your PM

I'm sorry to hear that youre still in so much pain. Maybe it's better off that you do the back surgery first before the foot surgery. Get the tougher one out of the way so when you have your foot surgery you'll look forward to it because you know it will be nothing in comparison!
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex
Old 05-04-2007, 03:08 PM

Default maybe so...

I just hate this back pain when it's like this. So limiting and I was so good before the stupid foot surgery! Well, not stupid as the toes are coming along nicely~

Anyway, yep, can't sit hardly at all.. lying down is uncomfortable, standing just sucks and walking is still the best but get spinally tired too quickly still.

Sent you a reply pm Blair, thanks for your reply and pm.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:15 AM

Maria,

You can second guess yourself but the bottom line is you're in pain and from several sources. You're walking off center because of your feet but when done, you can concentrate on your back. Your back is worse because you're walking funny. If you get your back done first, your walking will still be off when you get the other foot done... and so on and so on and so on.

Fortunately, the root canal has no effect on either your back or your feet. It just hurts like hell!

Pain is a forceful in decision making, both pro and con. I hope that whatever you decide, you won't have to live with your pain much longer. It's definitely life altering.

My thoughts are with you, Dale
Old 05-05-2007, 07:13 AM

Default leg pain today as well

Usually the most leg pain I've had has been bilateral burning in quads/calves but tonight I had some stabbing piercing pain in left buttock which I thought was normal or I've had in past but it also seemed to thread thru into my back upper left leg. That was really uncomfortable. I was out walking just a bit and had to come home and lie down now for over 5 hours to relieve it and I just got up so not sure if it's gone or just seems gone. What a pain!

RE the root canal, had some pain at involved tooth area and referred into left ear for last 3 nights but not screaming pain. So referral isn't until later this month unless pain increases. Best to have this done before some screaming dental nerve pain pops up and I'd be laid up due to back surgery unable to get into dentist.. that's what I was thinking at least. The other foot might just have to wait for surgery~

thanks for your thoughts Dale~ this is the most laid up I've been for the longest amount of time in last 6 months or more.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:49 PM

Maria: I hope that your have been prescibed Amoxocillin or something like that. You probably know this but put-off root canal problems can lead to the Munch-like procedure of an implant. So good luck seeing the dentist soon.