Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Possible Problems? in the Main forums forums; As I'm sure many of you know, I've not had a straight forward recovery, more so regards pain ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2007, 12:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lyndsay Send a message via Skype™ to Lyndsay
Default Possible Problems?

As I'm sure many of you know, I've not had a straight forward recovery, more so regards pain etc. A couple of weeks ago I had a really bad flare up of pain & spasms which isn't really settling. I was due to start Hydro but the PT advised consulting with my Dr & getting my ESR bloods run. As my GP was away, I had a quick phone consult with one of his coleagues who gave me a script for some more meds & I then made an appointment to see my PM. Last Tuesday I saw my PM, he picked up on a fair bit including pain & altered sensations from L3 down. I decided to let him give me some anaesthetic/steroid mix injections in the hope they would help the spams so then lessen my pain. I rested up again after but only felt a slight benefit but thought anything was better than nothing.

This past weekend I've been a bit more mobile & went out for the day yesterday where by lunchtime things seemed to start going from bad to worse. We came home, I asked my partner if he's give me a gentle back rub to see if that would help, his immediate reaction was that my lower back area felt like it was on fire! The top & middle were normal temp but the lumber area was very hot. Anyway, I just took some more painkillers & went to bed which is pretty much where I've stayed since. The pain & spasms aren't really subsiding much & I'm wondering if maybe it would be a good idea to call my GP but then again I think why bother as apart from painkillers I can't see what else can be done?

What I'm really wondering is if anyone else has had this burning (not distraction) heat coming away from the painful area of their back, especially post-op? In general I feel cr*p & am so tired especially with the pain & spasms.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

36 years old
DDD
Rupture/Herniation from 97 >
End Stage Facet Joint Arthritis
Fibromyalgia/CFS
Discogram 4 Oct 06 +ve L4-S1
ADR Pro-disc L5/S1 15 Nov 06 ~ Disaster
March 07 Xray's show Exaggerated Lordosis in the lumber spine, PT can't correct
Various injections including Facets
2008 Dx Hypermobility Joint Syndrome (EDS III)
2009 Still on too many meds & in too much pain
Awaiting CT/Myelogram & poss revision