Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Blair how are you?? in the Main forums forums; Hi Blair, Been wondering how you're doing ~ last I read I think you were going to start aqua therapy? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Blair how are you??

Hi Blair,
Been wondering how you're doing ~ last I read I think you were going to start aqua therapy? Hope ALL is going well with you and you're far more active with less pain ~ take good care, Maria
Old 08-08-2007, 02:04 AM

Funny you should post this. I've been wondering too. I'm particularly concerned with her brother as well.

Blair, any comment?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara
Default Had a set back but overall good

Hey guys
Sorry for being mia. It will be four months next week. Maria I had started aqua therapy and was doing really well. Actually, 4 weeks ago I felt the best I had felt in over 3 years. I kept saying it the few weeks before that but it wasnt until that week where I really believed it. I had even decreased my meds! then... everything went to crap.

I started classes and that feeling quickly faded. I majorly increased my medication. I was just going to physical therapy and school. I stopped going in the pool. I stopped walking. I felt miserable. It was a repeat of last year. I was miserable from the pain and so pissed off because I had a glimpse into how I could feel. I didnt have to feel like that - there's no need to be miserable!

So I decided to take the semester off. It's only been about 3 days from my decision and I already feel better. Just knowing that I will only focus on getting better helped so much! I'm going to try and get back in the pool by the end of this week and start out slow.

Three weeks ago I went to my dr and had a CT scan to see how I was fusing. It looks like it started.. yay. I'm still in the same back brace and it has caused soooo much extra pain. Hopefully I can get rid of it soon.

I hope everyone is doing well. And thanks so much for asking about me!

Also, things with my brother are fine for right now. I'm basically acting like I dont have one except for when I have to see him at family events. I'm civil and because of that he thinks everything is fine. After I recover I'll deal with it. But my health comes first.
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex
Old 09-05-2007, 04:17 PM

Blair,

It's good to hear from you but I am sorry your pain level has returned. I think you'll find the healing process is full of ups and downs. After 18 months I had to postpone pt and think I'm finally ready to get back into it. It's a give and take process with hopefully you giving a little but taking a lot.

Perhaps taking this semester off is the best decision instead of pushing yourself past the point of increasing your pain, both emotionally as well as physically. These choices often offer the rewards we hope for.

So my best wishes for continued healing and relief... and staying away from your brother. By the way, just read a blip in the paper about a patch for bi-polar. Your family might want to look into this.

Dale
Old 09-06-2007, 03:37 PM

Default good idea

Blair,
Glad you decided to take the semester off and heal ~ no sense in pushing yourself to heal when your body didn't want to go that fast.

Re your bro.. yeah.. that's good~ I need to do that with a few people right now but put myself back into an unworkable situation. Best to stay away from someone that has the temperment that could go off... esp. with a delicate spine~

take good care and keep us posted!