Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Will the radial pain, hip, foot go away? in the Main forums forums; hello..I had surgery on Aug 14th, 2007..aka a couple of weeks ago, prodisc l4-l5-s1. (the l5-...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Will the radial pain, hip, foot go away?

hello..I had surgery on Aug 14th, 2007..aka a couple of weeks ago, prodisc l4-l5-s1. (the l5-s1 disc was disolve back in 1986..i think the operation or product they used to disolved the disc was called chyompain?? sp) Anyway so 20 years later they replaced the void it left and the disc above it.
I remember back in 1986 when the disc was disolved the nerve down the leg quit right away.
Well as you can imagine I am expecting the same type of recovery. I still have that strange hip pain on the left side 2 inchs down from the hip bone and 4 inches down on the right side. That pain increases and decreases with distance I put on my legs..walking..My right foot and calve has been numb the last two days which was rare before the surgery unless I spent a day with the troops.
What are the percentages(success rate) that the nerve pain will stop?
Or is there a point that the nerves get damage and the hips may always hum..that would not make me a happy camper..
I am currently in the army (one year left and I will have 20)...so ruck marches, running and close quarter combat have been in my life for 19 years.