Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss leg cramps/ growing pain? in the Main forums forums; 37 days later.. Whats with calf knots? leg pain, feels like I am a teenager again.(I did growth one ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 PM

Default leg cramps/ growing pain?

37 days later..

Whats with calf knots? leg pain, feels like I am a teenager again.(I did growth one inch after the surgery! maybe I answered my own question. LOL)

I have tryed tylenol 3 for the leg pain, but didnt even put a dent in it. The 5mg Oxyocet works. However could the calf knots be caused by taking myself off of the oxycet (most I take would be 2 5 mg every 4 to 6 hours on a bad day)
I just dont want to create a crude circle of pain control)

On the plus side, the back feels great..I did the kitchen test..pre operation I used to go to the corner of the kitchen cubboards and push with my hands to take the weight of off my feet. it would hurt on lift off, feel good while suspended , but would hurt once I put myself back on my feet...Well now the back feels the same through the whole procedure..great..

Anyone came up with answer when someone asks how the operation went and you have to answer.."back feels great, legs hurt"
Old 09-20-2007, 12:28 AM

Rob,

Normal, normal, normal. An inch increase in height translates to distraction pain, which is why your legs hurt. If you don't have a pain management doctor, it might be a good idea to see if they can control your pain. If you do, ask him if the knots could be a withdrawal symptom but it also just might be your muscles saying 'what the h---. Should decrease with time.

I had surgery almost two years ago and still get leg cramps, just about everyday, even with muscle relaxers. Hoping they'll stop one day???

Congrats on the elimination of back pain. Looks like you're headed in the right direction. Please remember to take is nice and slow though.

Wishing you a speedy and steady recovery, Dale
Old 09-20-2007, 05:26 AM

Rob,
I don't know your full history so let me just add that electrolyte imbalance can also cause cramping. Just another thought!