Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Dr Bertagnoli now at Alphaklinik in the Main forums forums; Would all members please note That Dr Bertanogli now operates out of the AlphaKlinik in conjunction with Dr Dekkers team. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Dr Bertagnoli now at Alphaklinik

Would all members please note That Dr Bertanogli now operates out of the AlphaKlinik in conjunction with Dr Dekkers team. A link is here I`m not sure if he still will do surgery at Bogen but its a good opportunity to get better food and air conditioning

http://www.alphaklinik.com/en/dekkers/press/bertagnoli

Best,
Alastair
Old 10-31-2006, 01:31 PM

Interesting stuff Alastair.
So will Zeegers and Bertagnoli be cooperating on cases or competing for them? I expect Mark will know more..
All the best
Tim (Spineally challenged)

Last edited by Tim; 11-02-2006 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Administrator

I have spoken with Dr. Bertagnoli about this many times over the last few months. Here is the scoop.

Alphaklinik is two separate spine centers. Dekkers and Hoogland operate competing businesses out of the same facility.

Bertagnoli will now have the option of performing surgery at the AlphaKlinik in cooperation with Dr. Dekkers.

Nothing changes in Straubing or Bogen.

Mark
Old 10-31-2006, 03:54 PM

I know where I would rather go with reports of poor food and no air con at Bogen and Straubling from patients
Best
Alastair
Old 10-31-2006, 04:30 PM

oh but the care in bogen was AWESOME. second to none.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 10-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Administrator

I have been to Bogen and Straubing in all the seasons and have always found them be most pleasant. The hospitals are excellent, the staffs are excellent. The towns are very charming with great food at reasonable prices.

In Bogen, the little pensions on the main street, all clean and comfortable with friendly innkeepers and nice breakfasts for about 30 Euros/night for a single... couldn't be better.

In Straubing, the hotels on the town square are absoultely beautiful. The hotels off the town square are staffed by the most incredible people who bend over backwards to make your stay most comfortable.

Mark
Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 AM

Hi Mark
So if you wanted to consult with Dr Bertagnoli at the AlphaKlinik would you contact him through Fenk-mayer as usual or would you have to first go through Dr Dekker at the AlphaKlinik?
All the best
Tim (Spineally challenged)

PS. Gongratulations on setting up this new forum - your knowledge has been sorely missed. I look forward to watching the forum grow into an invaluable spine resource.

Last edited by Tim; 11-02-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Good new on collaboration

Although I would have loved to see Dr. Bertagnoli initiate a formal business relationship with Dr. Zeegers (arthroplasty surgeons unite?), it is great news that Dr. Bertagnoli's invaluable services will be available at another, reasonably-easy-to-get-to location. I've had multiple surgeries at the AlphaKlinik inluding my L5/S1 ADR with Dr. Zeegers plus three knee surgeries with Dr. Toft. I've also had a ProDisc-C with Dr. Bertagnoli at Bogen. Both locations provide top-notch facilities and care, although the food at AlphaKlinik is definitely better. On the other hand, when one is there for surgery, one is either fasting, sick from anesthesia, or waiting for bowels to "wake up" and, therefore, unable to eat much anyway.

Hopefully this new relationship will permit Dr. Bertagnoli to provide his expertise to more spine patients.

Thanks Mark for getting this forum going - it's definitely already becoming a valuable resource to the spine community.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Tim, I think it will probably take a while for the systems to fit themselves into place. My gut tells me that you'll want to contact pro-spine as normal. An alternative would be to use GPN to contact them as it says on the www.pro-spine.com website.

Mark
Old 11-02-2006, 11:06 PM

Mark,

No one knows better than you that I would have given anything to stay within U.S. borders. The caring I received in Bogan and Straubing were second to no other hospital I've been cared for in the U.S. I can't speak for the Alphaklinik but other than the plane ride, I wouldn't hesitate as I did before. U.S. hospitals cannot compete on the same level since HMOs and CFOs took over. The only drawback is that I never want to watch CNN again!
Dale