Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Finding a surgeon & hospital in Germany in the Main forums forums; How do you go about finding a good Dr. and a good hospital in Germany? Also does anyone know about ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2006, 04:57 AM

Default Finding a surgeon & hospital in Germany

How do you go about finding a good Dr. and a good hospital in Germany? Also does anyone know about the Maverick disc that is being used in Germany? It is an all metal disc. Thanks, Susan
Old 11-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Administrator

Susan,

Welcome to the forum. I moved your post to it's own thread since your question really didn't have to do with other thread that you posted on. I hope you don't mind.

You can send your films yourself to the hospitals in Germany. Some of them charge for film reviews and some do it for free. My day job.... www.globalpatientnetwork.com, actually does presentation of your case to surgeons in the US or surgeons overseas. It makes it easy for you to get opinons and helps you to evaluate the information you are getting in a more effective manner. (Contact me off the forum if you are interested in learning more.)

Yes, the Maverick is an all metal disc. I hope that you'll learn about all the discs that are available... there are many. All of the differences between the devices come with advantages and disadvantages. Sorting all this out is a very difficult process.

Good luck,

Mark
Old 11-15-2006, 01:15 AM

Default disc replacement or ?

Thanks Mark, It is very confusing and after reading alot of the negative feedback from unsuccessful surgery I am wondering if getting a fusion has a higher degree of a successful outcome. Also the only hospital I have talked to via email, in Germany wanted my MRI's via disc and my Dr.'s office doesn't have the capability for that. Any comments, anyone?
Old 11-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Administrator

There is a company in Texas (MedTecImaging)that can put films on CD. GPN can also put your films on CD, but it is not just films... it's a complete patient profile with history, reports, and more. You can use a CD or your case can be presented via the internet. These two solutions are very different.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 11-15-2006, 06:10 PM

Hi Susan and welcome,

On this forum you'll find compassion along with ideas and answers. However, what Mark did not tell you is how he helped many fellow spineys. GPN does facilitate consultations with your choice of doctors, both here in the US and overseas... but what he didn't say and what many of us have found, is that he brings sanity with his services. I don't mean to sound like a one girl commercial for Mark but I really don't think I would have found the solution I needed nor would I have managed to pull it off without his help. Yes, he does charge for his services but for many of us, it's the best investment in our backs.

Instead of fighting alone, he's right along side of you, reassuring and comforting while you're pulling your hair out and running around like a chicken. At least that's this girl's opinion. You've nothing to lose by calling him and you owe it to yourself to at least consider him, so just do it and see if it leads anywhere. www.globalpatientnetwork.com

Good luck, Dale