Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss i'm back once again in the Main forums forums; hey all, i lost my way for a while, but am back to report as i am a prodisc trials ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 08:03 AM

Thumbs up i'm back once again

hey all, i lost my way for a while, but am back to report as i am a prodisc trials patient, surgery was mid 2002,L4-L5 L5-S1, all i can say is i still have to pinch myself from time to time to see if i am alive! no more back, leg or butt pain going on 6 magical years, no more meds, no pain killers or anti inflammitories or anything of the sort,have had a few medical bumps along the way, but my back is holding up incredibly well. i don't have a lot of limitations, other than lifting my limit is around 50 pounds or so, still an incredible experience, my recovery was a bit slow, but i suffered with back pain for most of my adult life, and now at 52, i feel better and stronger than i did at 20 or 25. so thanks to Doc Delamarter and Prodisc, i now have a new life!
gary
Old 04-03-2008, 02:37 PM

Gary,

Thanks for posting - it definately helps me to read the long term success stories. I have the same two levels and prodisc as you - I am almost seven weeks post op and doing well but I still have a long way to go to feel normal. It's definately a roller coaster.

Glad you are doing so great!!

Cheryl
2 level Prodisc ADR L4-S1, Feb. 18, 2008 Dr. Bertagnoli - Straubing, Germany - SUCCESS -

Now I struggle with Neck Pain likely c5-7
PT, injections, rhizotomy.......MRI and CT Myleo not consistent with pain symptoms, waiting that out, keeping my passport valid
Old 04-03-2008, 03:11 PM

Default thanks for update

Hey Gary,
Old timer! I'm a bit older than you and still having the same probs/on meds and pretty functional within a certain limited program of activities (not work).

It's good to hear you're such a success story~ stay well and welcome back!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:18 AM

Cheryl:
just a quick not to say don't give up, and listen to everything your body tells you to do, if you read Marks posts from early on, i was the "other" prodisc person that met Mark and Moe for lunch after their tennis match just six short months after surgery, it pained me to watch the pair play tennis as i thought i'd never feel good enough to do that. But, no matter how long it takes, if you feel good now, you will feel better and better as time goes by!