Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss California WC patients in the Main forums forums; I'm wondering if anyone else had the following happen to them recently: I went in to refill my Neurontin ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2008, 06:36 PM

Default California WC patients

I'm wondering if anyone else had the following happen to them recently:

I went in to refill my Neurontin script which I've been taking since 1998 and it's covered under my future medical with WC and there was a "block" on my medications. No explanation at all.

The Risk Manager was out of the office for the weekend and the supervisor was the only one that could take the block off besides the RM or so I was advised and this person was not available either.

I just now got the block taken off my prescriptions. There was no absolutely no explanation of why it was done. I asked the Risk Manager why it was put on and she said "it was just taken off." I asked her if it would be put on again and she said "it was just taken off."

Honestly, I can get this medication OTC in Mexico but it's still pretty costly and the cost to me here for my 90 count 600mg tid for a month is $209.

Anybody else have this type of thing going on with their WC scripts and if so do you know why? The Risk Manager that works with my case is pretty tight lipped about anything and I believe because I'm viewed as a *lifer* my case is sort of looked at with stink eye.. (and because I have not yet had the proposed surgery authorized).