Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss I had a nerve block today in the Main forums forums; I had a nerve block early this morning at the nerve roots for C6 and C7--not sure if this ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 08:08 AM

Default I had a nerve block today

I had a nerve block early this morning at the nerve roots for C6 and C7--not sure if this is the right terminology for the nerves themselves. Since my second injury in August of 2006, my left wrist has been grossly swollen and visually deformed, my fingers have been swollen and numb, and my left hand just doesn't work normally. (At first I even had wrist drop and a claw hand, but luckily, that more or less resolved after a few months.)

Anyway, my left wrist is already less swollen and my pinkie and ring fingers are less numb. I am pleasantly surprised, but expect this isn't a permanent solution, right?

And of course, this does nothing to resolve my most serious problem: severe spinal cord compression, with the cord being compressed to half the normal space at C5/6. I am supposed to have a laminectomy, but am still waiting for Worker's Comp approval.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:19 AM

Do you know if they placed the injection directly at the level of your problem or if they injected into the epidural space below the site?

These type of blocks hopefully will buy you time. I'm a bit scared of them (Yes I had one) because of the belief that too many can cause damage to the surrounding tissues.

HealthSynergyRx.com
Old 06-20-2008, 05:30 AM

Just wondering if you have experienced continued relief from the injection?
As a fellow cervie, I have to say that your symptoms are very scary and I hope WC gets a move on for you...
Old 06-20-2008, 02:00 PM

Default relief

While I hope this provides some short term relief you are seeking I also hope WC is going to move faster than a snails pace in terms of not only trying to alleviate symptoms but rather to prevent any serious complication of your existing condition.

The WC future med benefits I've had always covered my surgeries although this last surgical authorization was the longest and most difficult to ascertain.

Good luck with that and I do hope you get some symptomatic relief.