Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Travel forums > Munich, former AlphaKlinik now ATOS Muenchen
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Munich, former AlphaKlinik now ATOS Muenchen Discuss Munich Hotel - Sheraton Bogenhausen in the Travel forums forums; A large modern hotel with 446 rooms and city views. New large bathrooms and showers. Located close to the Alpha ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 11:18 PM

Default Munich Hotel - Sheraton Bogenhausen

A large modern hotel with 446 rooms and city views. New large bathrooms and showers. Located close to the Alpha Klink and in the Arabellapark Square.
If you're staying during the summer, the air conditioning is a bonus. All the big hotel services: indoor heated pool and spa, high speed Internet, fitness facility. room service, breakfast buffet, etc. More expensive than some of the other hotels and fills up quickly during peak times. Make your reservations early. An Alpha Klink discount may be available depending on the season.

Mark and I stayed here after my discectomy in July 07. We found the room service handy when I didn't feel like going out to dinner or we were on at late schedule. The spaghetti was great at midnight! I didn't get a chance to use the pool because I was post-op and only showers are allowed. I did enjoy the beautiful Munich skyline. The only thing I didn't like was that I felt like I could have been in any country. It lacked the German charm of the smaller hotels. The breakfast buffet is always a favorite of Mark's.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:00 AM

Smile Arabella Park

Here's the breakdown after a week:

First, please note that on saturday at 2pm everything shuts down other than some restaurants and a bakery Muller(good one) that opens sunday 8-11..

You have a REWE supermarket 2 floors which is large for german standards, the yogurt selection is incredible, 2 aisles of chocolate (amazing stuff, you may not have another mars or nestle when u get back), lots of pre-packed cold-cuts (schinken=ham) to make sandwiches, lots of beer ...

Vodafone shop next to REWE...we are using a local cell from a friend to save on local calls...

Next to REWE there's a sandwich place..roasted chicken is very good...

A few restaurants: Erato's and Prima , both execellent italian menus;

Thers'a movie theater "Cadillac", american style with a 1950's type style facade and an American Bar inside.

2 Apotheke (pharmacies) for your prescriptions fills from the Klinik, 830-1830 hours.

By the Deutsche Bank bldg there's a Geldomat(ATM), across the street there are two ATM ..The HQ for Bank HYPO is across the Hotel...

There's a small Tobacco/Newspaper store to the left of the Hotel...

The U-4 Arabella Park terminal takes you to downtown in 10, Main Train Station in 15...

And you are 5 minutes walk across the street from Alpha Klinik...

Hope this help all those future spineys;
L5S1 Activ-L, Alpha Klinik, Dr. Zeegers 4/08
Old 08-13-2009, 03:43 PM

Its now called

Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel

I think its now a Best Western owned Hotel as is the other Sheraton Grand