Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Travel forums > Straubing and Bogen, ProSpine, Dr. Bertagnoli
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Straubing and Bogen, ProSpine, Dr. Bertagnoli Discuss Straubing - Hotel Theresientor in the Travel forums forums; Hotel Theresientor Hotel Theresientor is a modern hotel on the end of the town square in Straubing. All the rooms ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Default Straubing - Hotel Theresientor

Hotel Theresientor

Hotel Theresientor is a modern hotel on the end of the town square in Straubing. All the rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. As with most of the German hotels, a generous breakfast buffet is included in your rate. It's almost 5 years that I've been traveling to Straubing and I always look forward to seeing the friendly staff there. (English will not be a problem.)

There are keenly tuned into dealing with spine patients and have gone way out of their way to accommodate us. (And they give a 10% discount to Dr. Bertagnoli's patients.) They have a couple of rooms with showers that you don't have to step up into. (Post-op, you'll need to shower, not bathe. The standard German tub/shower can be difficult for a fresh post-op patient.) They also have acquired items like bath mats, DVD players and raised toilet seats. Ask and they will provide them. They'll raise your bed if you want, as the typical German bed is not as high as we use in the US).

They will also loan you a cell phone if you need. (You pay for prepaid cellular service. I always use prepaid cellular service there and it's reasonably priced. Outgoing calls to the US can be pricey... but incoming calls from the US are free to the phone... so I just call my wife or my office and tell them to call me right back.)

Zum Geiss, one of the best Bavarian restaurants in Straubing, is just a few feet from the Theresientor and they will deliver to your room and put it on your hotel bill. I don't think I've ever been to Straubing without having a meal there and I've never been disappointed

The view from the hotel is incredible and staying on the Stadtplatz makes your stay in Straubing so much more enjoyable. Just outside the hotel is the most charming street scene. Many restaurants, cafes, bakeries and shops of all kinds. It's great to go out in the evening and enjoy a Gelato. You'll likely bump into people who've helped you in the hospital, out with their families. It's such a friendly and warm atmosphere... staying on the town square really makes for an enjoyable stay, even though you are there for surgery. Also, your friends and family will enjoy the trip more.

There are 3 deluxe rooms that are wonderful. 403 is my favorite because the big windows face the town square and the large private balcony has a garden. 500 and 501 are also over-sized rooms with views of the town square and generous private balconies too. If you look at the patient stories on the GPN page... many have pictures taken from these balconies.

It is so pleasant staying on the stadtplatz here, I often have my clients who have surgery in Bogen, stay in Bogen before and during their hospital stay, then move to Straubing after they get out of the hospital. My wife has surgery in Bogen in a few weeks... that is what we'll be doing.

Mark

Jan 2008 - from the public balcony on the 4th floor.

(note the sign on the bottom right is Zum Geiss)
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org

Last edited by mmglobal; 01-18-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:18 PM

Default Thesientor

Nice and very modern hotel, very clean. I loved the breakfast buffet (which is included in the room rate). 114 euro per night for double bedroom.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 AM

I take it there's no Motel 6 in the area ?
04/07 Recurrent Disc Surgery L5/S1
3 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 3 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 Maverick ADR at L4/L5 & L5/S1
03/27/09 The Lord and Dr. Ritter-Lang returned my life to me.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Default Adjustable beds have arrived!

In the years that I've been coming here, I've come to expect that Nicole Weber (the manager of Hotel Theresientor) will always step up and do more than asked. While I don't think that Dr. Bertagnoli's patients are a huge percentage of the business here, the Theresientor staff still seems to treat us as if we are their most important clientele. I think that part of it is just good business and part of it is natural empathy for chronic pain patients.

Well, Nicole has surprised me again and has outdone herself. She has installed electric, adjustable beds in several of the rooms. Presently, they are in all 3 category deluxe rooms. In a few weeks, they'll have a couple more beds that they will experiment with in superior rooms. They are very heavy and moving them is quite difficult, so they will take some time to discover where they will do the most good. These will be most beneficial for the lumbar patients, but I really appreciated having these bed for my cervical trip. I do not believe that this will effect their pricing.

I've taken some photos of my favorite room (403), so you can get a feeling of what the rooms are like with one adjustable and 1 normal bed.

Sorry, but I could not just take pictures of the beds... These rooms are VERY pleasant. This is a private terrace for 403. Note the awning that is now fully retracted. This can be extended to shade the room and to provide cover so the terrace may still be used in the rain. (If you read my blog, you'll see that dinner on the terrace of 501 was almost rained out... not a problem for 403.)

Room 403 is the only room with a private terrace with the room facing the stadtplatz. Rooms 500 and 501 have the advantage of being a bit more spaceous than 403 and the view is from one floor higher. 501 has a private terrace that is larger than 403's, but it has less greenery.

2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 04-25-2009, 03:47 AM

How far is this hotel from St. Elisabeth's, by taxi (walking?)?

Also, has anyone used the available gym facilities - Vitadrom (I think)? How far is it from the hotel?

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone