Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Travel forums > Straubing and Bogen, ProSpine, Dr. Bertagnoli
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Straubing and Bogen, ProSpine, Dr. Bertagnoli Discuss First info... Thanks Dale! in the Travel forums forums; Dale... I'll post your info here just to start the discussions... thanks for being the first. I'll fill ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Administrator

Default First info... Thanks Dale!

Dale... I'll post your info here just to start the discussions... thanks for being the first. I'll fill in the blanks and point you in the right direction. Great talking to you tonight... see you soon!

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshobbies View Post
Mark, please fill in my blanks... I don't remember the names.

While in Bogen, upon arriving we stayed at the ???? a small but clean B&B within walking distance to the hospital. My husband then continued to stay there until I was released from the hospital and we moved to Straubing. Within a few days we discovered that for an additional 25E per day, he could stay in the hospital with me, which is what we did, though the cost of the B&B was inexpensive enough to keep the room anyway. He enjoyed going back to the hotel in the morning to shower and change and take a little break. Also, if the hospital fills up they might need the bed for a patient.

The reason we both liked his staying in the room with me is because, especially with an IV, I had to get up several time all night long to go to the bathroom which was a huge undertaking -rolling to one side and then the other to put on the brace - manuevering to get out of bed, the slow walk to the bathroom and back - maneuvering back into bed - rolling to one side and then the other to remove the brace. It was exhausting each time and both my husband and I took comfort in his being there.

In Straubing I would definitely recommend the ????. I believe we stayed in their largest room which had a balcony overlooking the city. With my dead leg it was difficult to step up and out but my husband enjoyed it. The hotel, with a necessary elevator, was clean and very reasonable and the staff really caters to back patients. By the way, for those familiar with Solvang, a resort town in California, Straubing is the real version of it.

Also, ask Mark for the name and phone number of his taxi driver. He acted as sort of a consierge and we would have been lost without him. You can arrange to have him pick you up at the airport, take you from the hospital to Straubing, back to the Dr. B's office for a check-up and then back to the airport. He's also great for necessary trips, like where to go to exchange money, and/or sightseeing.

Good luck to all, Dale
Bogen hotel was Pension Schrieber... post here

Straubing hotel was Hotel Theresientor... post here

Please tell about Peter Hoch's extra ordinary service... what he does is amazing... post here
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org