Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Travel forums > Straubing and Bogen, ProSpine, Dr. Bertagnoli
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Straubing and Bogen, ProSpine, Dr. Bertagnoli Discuss Straubing Restaurant - Il Mediterraneo in the Travel forums forums; Before surgery, I walked to the town platz several times but after surgery I couldn't do that and I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 01:46 PM

Default Straubing Restaurant - Il Mediterraneo

Before surgery, I walked to the town platz several times but after surgery I couldn't do that and I wasn't even interested in getting in a cab.

The food at Hotel Romerhof was excellent but its not open on Sat or Sunday nights so we had to find other options.

From the hotel, Il Mediterraneo is one of the few restaurants withing walking distance (for a spine patient). Turn left out the front door of the hotel and walk past the flags where you would normally turn right for the hospital - its ahead a few blocks on the left.

Its not the worlds best italian food but it works and the prices are good.They have fresh salads, pizzas, pasta. They became accustomed to seeing us walk around the restaurant due to my pain and really warmed up to us after a few visits. They had never seen a patient before but will understand you now. I brought pillows, stood up at the counter with a glass of wine much of the time. They would come stand with us and make converstation.

I treated this as two walks per day. It may be too much the first day or two out of the hosptial - I think it was for me.
2 level Prodisc ADR L4-S1, Feb. 18, 2008 Dr. Bertagnoli - Straubing, Germany - SUCCESS -

Now I struggle with Neck Pain likely c5-7
PT, injections, rhizotomy.......MRI and CT Myleo not consistent with pain symptoms, waiting that out, keeping my passport valid