Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss Surgeons in Atlanta GA USA - know any good ones in the Main forums forums; I found out that my first doc pick who I was going to go in to CONSULT with to see ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 02:24 AM

Default Surgeons in Atlanta GA USA - know any good ones

I found out that my first doc pick who I was going to go in to CONSULT with to see what he would do and later - really wanted him to do the surgery drops my insurance May1 - SO advice from the peanut gallery is most welcome = web sites even better... Chef G

Especially if they do the surgeries ar Piedmont - heard that this is the place to do it!!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:54 PM

Emory has a dedicated spine/ortho hospital so that may be worth a look.
Waiting on Bryan disc approval
Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 AM

Regis Haid, Atlanta Brain & Spine. Surgeries at Piedmont. Just type his name in your WEB browser and check out his credentials.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:57 AM

Default Piedmont

I have heard that Piedmont is the place to go...Dr Haid has been in my "looking" around phase. Dr Murray Robinson - Dr. Haid and a Dr. Keem are people I am looking at right now --- thanks for the feed"back"
Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 AM

Default I live in Atlanta and have had surgery

I've chosen not to name where I had my surgery as I didn't have the best experience. I have no problem with my former surgeon's skill level but the surgery he chose, I feel, had a financial motive. My advice would be to get multiple opinions and learn as much as you can. Don't let anyone rush you to anything unless your symptoms are severe i.e., bowel or bladder problems and/or sever nerve weakness.

I like Emory spine. Also, a lot depends on what you are dealing with as far as levels and severity of your problems. PM me if you want me to elaborate on my experience.

John
Dynesys stabalization and decompression May 07
Removed Nov 08 Due to persistant debilitation bilateral nerve pain which resolved with removal
Old 04-07-2009, 02:19 AM

Default well the hospital can make a difference

SO if you withould that info so save the general population - could you PM me and give me some details? I have heard of several great guys that practice at ones that by the hospital grading system say these are good and these are bad - so just trying to figure out where is the key. My wife runs a clinical practice and is a FNP and coordinated referrals so the reputation is the thing I would like to know about....if you would like to I will not send it any further