Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss 7 Years post op and counting US Trials in the Main forums forums; I have just past my 7th year post op, L4 thru S1 Prodisc Surgery under US Trials. No check up ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 11:18 PM

Thumbs up 7 Years post op and counting US Trials

I have just past my 7th year post op, L4 thru S1 Prodisc Surgery under US Trials. No check up this year as the survey times are over, although Doc Delamarter told me to keep in touch. I am doing incredibly well! I still can't believe i don't have any back, leg or sciatic pain what so ever. I am enjoying golfing, bowling, walk a few miles a day, i can go on roller coaster rides, body surf, water ski, boating, and drive a stick shift car daily! I do limit what i lift to 30 or 40lbs.
There are tmes when i get a spasm, and wonder what the heck i did or think i possibly popped a disc out, but after a few days of taking it slow and easy, i am able to work out the kinks and things get back to what i call normal and back to being pain free.....................
nomorepain
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds
Old 07-12-2009, 03:06 AM

Hi Nomorepain

You are one of the lucky ones< I wish you continued success and a wonderful life

keep on moving forward

All The Best

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1
Old 07-12-2009, 06:07 PM

NMP,

You are indeed a poster boy for ADRs. Others look at you and say that's exactly what they want.

Two thumbs up for you and Dr. D.

Dale