Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss pro disc vs spinal kinetics M6 in the Main forums forums; Hey, can anybody tell me why dr bertangolini in germany prefers the pro disc over the spinal kinetics m6? Is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 07:45 AM

Default pro disc vs spinal kinetics M6

Hey, can anybody tell me why dr bertangolini in germany prefers the pro disc over the spinal kinetics m6? Is it just bc the pro disc has been around longer or is it just the fact the pro disc according to the posts on here is easier to remove in case of revisions? Is it bc he doubts the polymers in the m6 implants or freedom lumbar discs will actually last? Thanks
Old 11-20-2009, 01:30 AM

Question .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsnut3007 View Post
Is it bc he doubts the polymers in the m6 implant?
I would also like to know...
C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:48 PM

I would imagine it has something to do with Dr. Bertagnoli's ties with Synthes. I think he had something to do with the design of the Pro Disc Nova. If you do a WEB search on Synthes Dr. Bertagnoli you'll find all kinds of information.

I'm sure if you choose the Nova or M6, their both good products. And it's obvious there are many good results with Dr. Bertagnoli and Stenum. Do your homework and make the right choice for yourself.