Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss adr vs fusion or both in the Main forums forums; first timer here. anybody ever heard of somone having a 4 level cervical adr?dr b in germany says i ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 10:45 AM

Default adr vs fusion or both

first timer here. anybody ever heard of somone having a 4 level cervical adr?dr b in germany says i need one.dr c in spain says he would do fusion c5\6-6\7 and adr above.would love some feed back.oh yea the price of course is double in germany.

thanks fred c
Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 PM

Default re 4 level adr

I think that would be Mark. He can tell you more and probably knows other persons that have had multilevel cervical adr of that magnitude.

GPN Artificial Disc Replacement ADR
Old 09-27-2010, 05:44 PM

Hi Fred and welcome,

I'm sorry you need to be here. Obviously Dr. B feels ADRs are the way to go whereas this other doctor in Spain does not. Also Dr. C wants to do 3 levels, Dr. B claims 4 are bad. Cost is a huge factor but so is experience. I've often said your choice of doctors is the single most important decision.

Right now I think it's time for you to seek other opinions. Also find out why these doctors differ on the number of bad levels. I'd go along with Maria's recommendation that you contact Mark for additional assistance. He can put you in touch with some excellent doctors for additional opinions. Once satisfied with your knowledge of your own specifics and possible benefits/consequences of the available choices, you can move forward.

Good luck and keep us posted, Dale
Old 10-01-2010, 03:56 AM

I've had up to five levels recommended by some very top surgeons in the world, but ended up having three done in March, one ADR at C5/6 and XLIF at L4/5 and ALIF at L5/S1. So far everything seems to be doing really well, and my pain levels are minimal.

I recommend having more opinions, as mentioned above. They can always do more levels, but cannot undo what has been done.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Administrator

I do have 4-level cervical ADR and 2-level lumbar ADR. Contact me via the GPN website and I'll share what I know.... no charge.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org