Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss MRI Before, After, Today (Pain Mngt 4ever) in the Main forums forums; Just wanted to post my MRI Pictures from just prior to ProDisc implantation in July 2010. To the post MRI ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 08:39 PM

Default MRI Before, After, Today (Pain Mngt 4ever)

Just wanted to post my MRI Pictures from just prior to ProDisc implantation in July 2010. To the post MRI in September 2010. To the most recent MRI's. I think it is so easy to mention sunburst or artifact or distortion, but in some of these MRI posts, It is obvious that some matter is touching and compromising my Spinal cord and Canal.

I have the ability while peeking at these pictures on disk to lighten and darken the images and this helps to remove the bursting created by the prodisc metal components. The bulge that is in the canal and touching the cord never disappears. It is always constant and doesn't shrink or alter in size as I zoom in to the image or change its shade/color.

In examining these photos from the MRI, I can see white areas where the spinal canal moves from its normally straight direction to veer out of the way of this matter that is impinging. Then after the contact with the matter it again takes back its normal shape and white area above the matter illustrates that the cord did bend around this mysterious bulge.

Certainly the most affected area of the image is on top of the disc which contains the most refraction/sunburst...I am ok and admit that this area is truly distorted and unreadable (at least professionally). But the spinal cord and its movements and impingement is (I think) undeniable.

I am interested in what other members think as they look at this timeline of MRI's from prior to now. I feel as though I am in bigger trouble now. At least my Neck, shoulder, head and upper back seem to think so!

Thanks for your time (Attachments included). A few members have already spoken to me and I appreciate that. Always feel free to voice your opinions again for me and the group. Much ThankS!

Dustin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PreSurgeryMRI-June-2010.jpg (50.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg PostSurgery9-27-2010-1st.jpg (61.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg PostSurgery9-27-2010-2nd.jpg (61.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg MRI412-12-11.jpg (21.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg MRI612-12-11.jpg (91.6 KB, 16 views)
Old 12-24-2011, 03:59 AM

Hi Dustin,
I did want to welcome you to this site. Sorry you are here though.
I do not know how to read MRI's that is for sure. But it sure looks like something is compromising your spinal cord. Have you discussed this with your surgeon?
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 12-26-2011, 02:10 AM

Default Got a little more in-depth info about the MRI's

The surgeon that did my first surgery, in July 2010...He and I have not talked since Sept 2010 when he cut me off and would not help me or even acknowledge that I was in pain. Really odd! That of course was a year and 5 months ago. The 2nd surgeon (hopkins Neurosurgeon) did my fusion over top of the ProDisc. Unfortunately, he was not much help either. He is entirely interested in the fusion and how that is progressing. He kind of pushed me off about the protrusion. I am having the hardest time getting professionals to help me. The radiology report after the MRI, confirmed the moderate compression on the cord. No answer though from anyone on what to do or what the matter even is? I think that similarly to the "life of pain management" prognosis, they are bunching this report into this. I imagine meaning, that "yes this is part of the problem" but we cannot do anything surgically to help you! Here comes year 3, well 2nd full year, of HELL
Old 12-27-2011, 12:05 AM

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time getting anyone to help you , especially the original surgeon or the fusion surgeon . I had a similar problem with a surgical accident which led to a 50% loss of my lung function. If the surgeon admitted anything had happened during surgery to send me to intensive care , it could have been identified and treated. When i was finally strong enough to handle and research it myself , it was too late (too much scar tissue) to be repaired.

Good Luck to you in your search for a good doctor
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy