Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss laser clinics in the Main forums forums; does anyone have reviews of these that i don't have to goggle. i want someone from here. i hate ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 11:52 PM

Default laser clinics

does anyone have reviews of these that i don't have to goggle. i want someone from here. i hate to goggle stuff. you never know who or what you'll get.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylstewart67 View Post
does anyone have reviews of these that i don't have to goggle. i want someone from here. i hate to goggle stuff. you never know who or what you'll get.
A lot of them are scams. Bonati has been sued a lot.

Keep in mind that in the US disease is something to be exploited and there is a lot of snake oil out there.

The US is behind the civilized world in orthopedic care. There is next to no regulation on doctors so it would think long and hard about it. I think most American spine surgeons who are up to date are probably a safer bet but don't quote me on that.

I have seen 6 orthopedic surgeons of the years and they were not too knowledgable and very arrogant.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:14 PM

Default seems simple and too good to be true

but i have read that they can remove bone spurs and disc pressing on nerves that give you pian relief but how long does it last before the rest of the disc starts to fail?
Old 05-08-2012, 05:48 AM

Default I too am interested in Minimally Invasive Surgery Results.

Hello

New to this forum

I went to Stenum Hospital in Germany about 5 years ago and had 2 Maverick (Cobalt Tool Steel ball and socket design) ADR done L4-L5 and L5-S1 along with a soft fusion L3-L4. With great results and was well into recovery when I slipped and fell flat on my back rupturing several disks in my neck as well as L2-L3. So now I have stenosis, bone spurs and ruptured disks pressing on my spinal column in multiple place.

Due to the nature of injuries I doubt that I could return to Germany 1st choice as I question if I could handle the plane flight there. Currently I sleep in a recliner, which also can usually sit in for several hours comfortably. Other recliners or chairs after a few hours, no pain, until I stand up. Then I notice how much more numb my feet are and the nerve pains start up.
Based on this I seriously doubt that plane travel even for short distances would work for me. Funny thing is that I can drive my Ford Aerostar long distances pretty comfortably.

So I am pursuing possible minimally invasive surgery to shave the bone spurs and relieve the stenosis plus shave the bulging disks.

Fusion is obviously very low on my choices.

Yes, I am self insured due to my original back injury over 30 years ago.

I have considered Mexico where I have been quoted $25K to do both my neck and back yet, some how I am not confident in that solution.

Any one know of source of information or have personal experience with minimally invasive spinal surgeries?

I will be Goggling and post my results here.

Thank you,

Kris
Old 05-15-2012, 04:58 AM

Kris,
My hubby had a minimally invasive spinal fusion, done by a neurosurgeon known to us, back on Dec 1, 2010 and he's done very well. Dr. Ramos used the Medtronic CD Quadrant Sextant system. He has 2 puncture sites on either side of his spine and 3 tiny incisions lower down. The procedure involves using gradually larger tubes, through which the surgeon works, puts in screws on each side, and places the rods in through the small incisions. Of course, a portable C-arm fluroscopy unit is used, as well as an instrument to alert the doctor if he's getting too close to a nerve or nerve root. Dr. Ramos did his 4th surgery in 2004, to remove bulging disc material as well as doing foramenotomies. He did well after that surgery, but with time, got to the point where the disc was completely gone at L4-5 and the L4 vertebra was actually lipping over the front of the L5 vertebra. He also has foot drop, which he's had since '98, for which he had to have emergency decompression surgery. But the delay in PT post-op prevented saving that nerve. As a result, he's fallen frequently and messed up his left knee~~~same side as his initial injury. Workers' Comp and battling with them now about his knee. Took him exactly a YEAR to get the fusion approved. Anyhow, hope I got the name right of the system used, and I would certainly recommend a neurosurgeon over an orthopedic surgeon. From my experience, neurosurgeons are not as rough on the tissues as orthopods are, but make sure you get a good one!
Good luck with your search for information.
Ann
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 PM

Default thx ann

i appreciate the input