Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss Prodisc in the Main forums forums; I think ADR is a pipe dream! Even if it works most of the time its short lived! If it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 12:40 AM

Default Prodisc

I think ADR is a pipe dream! Even if it works most of the time its short lived! If it fails you will be in worst pain forever. My 2 cents!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:21 PM

Default Mabey

Dam if you do damed if you dont only time will tell technology is getting better, and that is what they said about knees???

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1
Old 05-15-2012, 03:44 PM

As far as technology goes, my knees aren't too bad, but let me tell you my hip replacement was awesome. Best surgery going , just as long as you get a hip surgeon to do it.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 05-20-2012, 07:38 PM

Default re surgery

I don't know what to think re more surgery for anything tho I do think the spine is the hardest predicable surgerical endeavor I've been thru re knee, foot, spine, and other body parts. It's like maybe it will work and maybe it won't. That'd be Ok tho getting worse is really tough to deal with. That's what happened w/my 2nd spine surgery and kept me for going for a 3rd UNLESS I absolutely couldn't stand it anymore.

Good luck to anyone about to undergo any level of spine surgery or any surgery for that matter (even plastic surgery)!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:31 PM

Thumbs up 2 prodiscs here

Pipe dream? some are success stories some are not, just like fusion some never take & some fail, there are no guarantees, surgery is risky business. I'm having my 10th year anniversary post op, i was in the trials, i'm doing pretty darn good so it is possible. The surgery was rough, i will admit this, my recovery was long, but I had my problem for a very long time. I'm still 75%better than I was before the prodiscs, i have some other medical issues now, but my prodisc surgery is still holding strong. I have spoken to others where the situation isn't good and the ADR surgery made things worse, this can happen with any surgery, as far as a pipe dream, not really, it just gives us spineys another choice, besides fusion
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds
Old 05-23-2012, 10:28 PM

Default For sure

[quote=nomorepain;16785]Pipe dream? some are success stories some are not, just like fusion some never take & some fail, there are no guarantees, surgery is risky business. I'm having my 10th year anniversary post op, i was in the trials, i'm doing pretty darn good so it is possible. The surgery was rough, i will admit this, my recovery was long, but I had my problem for a very long time. I'm still 75%better than I was before the prodiscs, i have some other medical issues now, but my prodisc surgery is still holding strong. I have spoken to others where the situation isn't good and the ADR surgery made things worse, this can happen with any surgery, as far as a pipe dream, not really, it just gives us spineys another choice, besides fusion[/QUOTNNNNNNN

Last edited by zfontana; 06-01-2012 at 12:02 PM.